Chapter 18

Aiden's Pov~

As it opened I looked to see a police officer standing at my porch.

I blinked, suprised.

The officer smiled at me before saying, "Good evening sir."

"Good evening to you too. Might I ask what brings you here?" I responded, tilting my head slightly.

"Yeah, I was wondering if you'd heard or seen any big animals in the area."

I frowned, "No, I haven't...Why do you ask?"

The cop sighed, looking tired. "It's just that we got a call from this lady. She said she was driving down this road when a huge white blur ran out of the woods in front of her. She said she swerved to the side, but still hit whatever she saw, and it managed to dent her car." He paused for a bit before continuing. "Whatever caused that dent, was almost as big as her car. If something that big is roaming around, we need to find it before someone gets hurt."

I stiffened, "Do you have any idea as to what caused it? Like..a bear maybe?"

The officer's eyes darkened, "I doubt it, as we have found white fur stuck in a part of her car, and I've never seen or heard of a white bear living in the middle of the mountains."

I nodded slowly, uneasiness slowly making its way through me.

"Yeah, okay. But I haven't seen anything around here or heard anything."

The officer nodded back. "Figured, but it would do well to check in with the locals, just to keep people on alert and aware. Anyhow, thank you for your time." He finished before backing away.

"No problem, just keep me updated" I said before closing the door.

I turned and leaned against the door with my back, letting out a sigh.

"What have we gotten ourselves into now Frost." I said aloud, but of course I didn't get a responce.

~~~

Someone's Pov~

"-your time."

I nodded before closing the door.

Walking back into the kitchen I join my brother at the kitchen island. I reclined against it with my elbows and slouched back, my head tilting back to look up at the ceiling.

A voice cuts through the silence. "So, who was that?"

"Just some random cop." I said.

My brother looked over at me and his eyes narrowed when he saw the smile that graced my lips.

"Yeah?...What'd he say."

"Nothing really...just that there has been a large animal spotted in the area...." I paused as I brought my head down so my chin touched my chest, "and that it was as big as a car."

His eyes narrowed further at my tone and he frowned. "So what? It could have been a bear."

By now, I could feel the sinister smile that stretched across my lips as I looked over at him.

Our eyes met as I responded with two simple words. "White. Fur."

Understanding flashed in his eyes and his calm face dropped in an instant. A malicious smile made its way onto his face, and there was a dark sadistic glint in his eyes that I'm pretty sure mirrored my own. As we smiled at each other my brother spoke the words that made my blood race in dark ecstacy.

"Well brother...I guess it's time to go huntin'."

~~~

Aiden's Pov~