Chapter 21

Jack's Pov~

I snarled in frustration as knocking sounded throughout the room. It was accompanied by a low growl and I looked back under me to see Aiden's eyes glowing.

I see I'm not the only one pissed off.

My thoughts confirmed with Aiden's, or should I say Frost's, animalistic growl as he said, "This better be good or else I'm tearing whoever's standing outside face off."

I was about to agree before Frost pushed me back, and since it was unexpected I ended up falling off the couch. My body making a loud thud as my back hit the floor and I let out a groan of pain.

"Oh hush up. I didn't even push you that hard." Frost growled before standing up and walking over to the door, probably ready to make good on his threat.

I just chuckled lighly and leaned my head back to watch him walk to the door from where I'm laying. It was a nice view to be honest. His hair, which is usually styled is all over the place and his lips were slighly swollen. His ass on the other hand....I growled, my frustration coming back. That ass was almost mine.

Key word there is almost.

I sighed as Aiden by then reached the door before swinging it open to reveal two men. They wore long cloaks and were in all black. From where I was laying, I could only see their silhouettes and mouths due to the shadows that engulfed them. Not to mention that Aiden was mostly covering the larger one from where he stood.

"What the hell do you want." Aiden asked, his voice almost a snarl.

"Does Aiden Teller live here?" The larger one of the two asked as my heightened hearing picked up the conversation.

Teller? I snorted, quietly laughing to myself.

"Yes, that's me. Who wants to know?" He answered.

"Sorry for disturbing you. We came here to follow up on the white wolf incident." His voice was smooth, ending with a smile.

I frowned from where I lay on my back and confusion takes over my thoughts.

White wolf......do they mean Aiden....or Frost? What the hell......Did he cause some kind of trouble?

However, Aiden certainly knew what they were talking about. I looked back at him to see his stance became rigid.

"Oh, that's funny." He said in a calm manner. "The police never did specify what the animal might have been, only giving a vague answer. So how would you know that it was a wolf? Along with that, I don't see any badges. So I'm guessing your not with the police?"

The man's smile became a bit more strained as he said, "Well, what else could be as big as a car with white fur? Your not suggesting there's polar bears in the mountains are you?" A slight chuckle leaving his mouth. One that held no humor and made me tense slightly.

"Your right about us not being cops. However we do want to find this beast." He insisted.

Something about his stance and what he was saying rubbed at me the wrong way. I finally got up from off the floor, but it seems like the men still couldn't see me. They either didn't see me, or were too focused on Aiden. Both options however, made me even more wary of them.

Aiden responded to the man, but I tuned him out as they began to talk again.

My attention went to the smaller of the two.

Like the other I couldn't see his face, but I did have a better view of his body. As such, I was able to notice as his hand snuck into his cloak.

Alarm bells started going off in my head and I glanced at Aiden to see him still occupied by the larger one. That was probably their strategy. Have the bigger one make a distraction as the smaller and less noticeable one stuck a suprise blow.