Chapter 23

Aiden's Pov~

I was about to just drop the curtain and pretend like I hadn't seen anything, but the other wolf seemed to notice my presence and turned to look at me.

I froze again, unsure of whether he knew who I was. He'd only seen me in Frost's form, so I doubted he knew it was me in the clearing.

Sure enough, he only tilted his head slightly at me before moving closer to get a wift of my scent. Understandable since I'm sure he knew that I wasn't one of his pack mates.

I took a step closer to try and calm him, seeing as his body was still slightly shaking, but he must have caught my scent by then. I saw the physical change as his entire body went ridged with fear and the smell started circulating around the room.

Even though my appearance changed, a wolf could never really change their scent. So he must have recognized it from when I got close to him in the clearing.

The brown wolf continued to cower before me, not daring to make a single noise.

Seeing as he recognized me, I thought it would better for me just to leave him be. However, another thought butted its way in and also reminded me that my mate is also his Alpha. We would be in the same pack from now on, and it would go smoother for everyone if we were on good terms. I didn't teally care for what the rest of the pack thought, but I knew that the conflict between us would only stress out Jack.

I didn't want my mate to worry over such trivial things so I decided to try and make amens.

I slowly moved closer and reached out my fist to the wolf, so he could get a better smell of my hand.

He only began trembled in fear and back up on the bed, letting out a small whine. I breathed out a breath of air and tried again, this time bring my hand a little lower and loosening my fist.

This tactic didn't bear fruit either and I began to grow a little frustrated. Not wanting my temper to get the beat of me, I breathed in and let it out once again. I knew it would be a little risky, and that I could get my hand bitten off, but I still did it.

This time when I reached my hand out, it was no longer a fist and just my relaxed hand. It was facing palm up and I lowered it fully onto the bed infront of the wolf so he didn't see it as a threat anymore.

Seeing my action, his eyes lost their overwhelming sheen of panic and a gleam of curiosity shone around its edges. Knowing this would take time I waited, standing at the edge of the bed for him to adjust.

When I thought this wasn't going anywhere, I almost let out a sigh and backed up. However, just as I was about to do so, the dark wolf started to slowly move his nose over to my palm. I froze where I stood and watched as his big, semi-wet nose touched my palm and his breaths fanned over it. I stayed like that for a while as he again adjusted to me.

Seeing as I wasn't doing anything to remotely harm him, he looked into my eyes finally.

I didn't see what color his eyes were before when we met in the clearing, but now I could see that they were a clear dark olive color with small flecks of yellow around the irises.

I gave the wolf a small smile, and he in return flicked one of his ears toward me. The fear was mostly gone in his gaze, and was now replaced by blazing curiosity.

Still smiling, I slowly moved my hand from his nose. As it slowly roamed up his cheek to the back of his ear his eyes got that sheen of panic back. Quickly trying to avoid him from freaking out I hushed him gently, making sure to keep my eyes and tone gentle. Not unlike how a mother would comfort a scared pup, or how I would sometimes comfort Misty and Geralt when they were still very small.

An Alpha's Alpha(mxm)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara