Chapter 22

Aiden's Pov~

A sharp ringing shakes me from my sleep, and I groan while pulling the blanket above my head. I feel Jack's arms tighten around my waist before one of them retreats to find the source of the ringing. Which is, I might add, getting louder by the second.

I hear him fumble with the device for a little too long and the ringing becomes unbearable. Highly irritated now, I shoot my arm out and snatch the thing off the drawer before flinging it at full velocity across the room. A crash sounds as the ringing comes to a complete stop, and I feel Jack flinch slightly beside me.

Ignoring it however, I turn my body towards him and snuggle deeper into his embrace. A content sigh leaves my lips as I slowly fall back into sleeps clutches.

At least, I was before Jack's hands started to slowly stroke my skin.

My lips twitched into a frown as I felt him caress my back before moving to my shoulders then back down to my waist. The fluttering of his finger tips slowly explored lower, but before he could reach my ass I snarled at him.

"Move your hands any lower and risk losing a few fingers."

The hands immediately stopped and moved back to a respectable spot.

"Excuse me, but what's wrong with a little early morning groping?" Frost asked, a sneer present in his tone. His own irritation wasn't unnoticed, but instead ignored.

"Frost you know I'm not a moring person, and anyone who interrupts my sleep right now will pay dearly, even you. So I suggest you keep your mouth shut."

I hear him huff lightly, but quiet down quickly afterward. He knew he wasn't spared from my wrath, and this was not one of the times he joined in to fan its flames.

Zoning back into the present I yawned as sleep began to claw at me again. Jack lifted his arm and slowly began to run a hand through my hair, soothing me further. A low thrum vibrated through his chest as he hummed a randome tune, a deep baritone filling my ears.

We stayed like that for a while, but just before I fell completely unconscious he began to untangle himself from me. I groaned, trying to hold on, but to no avail as him and his warmth left the bed.

Damn, there went my pillow.

Feeling defeated I rolled onto my back and raised my forearm to cover my eyes as pale early moring light flitted in though the windows. A light breeze also accompanied it when Jack opened one to air out the room before going to change. I heard the rustle of drawers as he picked clothes before putting them on. I was tempted to sneak a peak, but then said screw it and openly ogled my mate as he adoned a very nice shirt and pants.

As he adjusted his belt and watch he finally glanced over at me. When he saw me just watching all he did was smirk and slowly walk over. I continued to lay where I was even as he came and sat down at the edge of the bed.

"Good moring luv," He said with a smile as he bent down to give my forehead a kiss. "Are you finally awake now?"

I frowned at him and narrowed my eyes. "What time is it?" I asked in a rather dull voice.

Jack checked his watch before answering, "It's almost 6."

My eyes snapped back shut, and I let out another long groan as I dug my head into one of the actual pillows on the bed.

Who the hell wakes up that early on purpose.

I heard Jack chuckle and I turned my head to glare at him. My eyes filled with enough venom they had him quickly standing back up.

An Alpha's Alpha(mxm)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara