Chapter 28: My Turn

Gregory's P.O.V:

            That night. . .I was sleeping in a cardboard box. . .it was cold, the newspaper didn't keep me warm, I couldn't sleep. I walked out, trying to find something to keep myself warm. I looked into the trashcans, but nothing, just gross stuff. I walked, feeling cold. . .and I'm really hungry. . .I was thinking of eating whatever was in the trashcan. . .even if it's gross. Then I heard something, and I followed the noise, thinking someone threw away food in the trashcan, but. . .I saw a white rabbit lady. . .with red liquid. . .I couldn't see what it was, but. . .I saw a hand. I tried to go back, but tripped on a soda can, and I fell. "Ah!" I shouted as I hit the cold ground, and. . .I saw her turn to me. "Are you having fun yet~?" she asked me, and then I heard clicking noises, and a creepy voice, "It's past your bedtime~."

            I ran away as fast as I can. I looked over my shoulder. . .she was chasing after me. . .I ran & ran, I lost my shoe while running, tripping on things. I ran into a building, but I couldn't get in. I ran around, then found a vent. I tried to open it, grabbing anything nearby, then found an orange, blue, square thingy. I used it to open the vent, and crawled in. I crawled & crawled, but I couldn't get out, everything was locked. I was scared. . .the rabbit lady might come in & get me. . .I can't run in here. My eyes hurt from the water in my eyes, and I tried to kick it open. . .then I saw two holes, I used the thing I found, put it in then twisted it. The vent opened, and I crawled through, landing on a desk. I was locked inside, but. . .there was a computer on the desk, and I started clicking & doing anything I can, then I found pictures of the thing I have, it's called, 'FazWrench'. I used it on the computer, and the doors opened, but it caused something called, 'Lockdown'. The screen was flashing the word, 'Security Breached'. I was looking for a way out, then. . . "Is someone there?" I turned around. . .then saw. . .a big. . .orange bear. . .with glowing yellow eyes. "Oh, hello." "Ahhhhh!" I ran away, but he chased after me. That's how I met my dad, Freddy.

            "Are you hungry?" he asked me. ". . .Yea." "Well then, I shall make you something to eat." Freddy carried me, and to a room with orange color. He put me on a big chair. . .really soft, like a bed. "Hmm. . .I can only make a quick simple meal, is that alright?" "I-I think so." Freddy was so nice to me. . .he was not like anyone else I met. My parents. . .nor the people walking the streets. . . The food Freddy made that night. . .was the best food I ever ate. "Calm down, Gregory, eat slowly, I do not want you choking on the food." Freddy says, giving me a cup of water. 

            "Freddy. . .why do you. . .care about me?" "Because you are a child, you need an adult supervision, I do not want you to get hurt again." ". . .Freddy. . .I don't get it. . ." "It is a normal thing. I will keep my eye on you, and protect you."

            "Great job, Gregory!" Freddy claps his hands when I win a game. "Thanks." I didn't know what to say. Freddy smiling at me, "You are a superstar, Gregory!" ". . .'Superstar'?" "Yes, you are my superstar! You are very smart!" Waters filled my eyes. . . "F-Freddy. . ." I started to cry, I tried to stop, but couldn't. . . "G-Gregory, what's wrong? Did I say something that upset you?" "Freddy!" I hugged Freddy, he hugged me back, "There, there, Gregory. You are okay, I am here for you."

            In 6 hours, Freddy & I had an amazing time in this place called, studio. Freddy is the only one. . .who made me feel like. . .everything is okay & I can have fun. . .I can smile. . .I can be happy.