Chapter 34 - Abduction

Jace's POV

"Jace can I ride with you? I took a cab here." Jessie asked.

"Sure. Let me go and start the car." I left her with the rest.

She was able to tell them everything and though they were mad at her, they didn't shun her.

A call came through just when I stepped outside into the cold.

I stood in front of the place to receive the call. That was when the silver piece of jewelry that lay on the ground caught my attention. It had a heart shaped silver pendant with the letters TJ engraved on it.

I took it from the ground and examined it and noticed it was Teri's necklace. The one she wanted to give back to me. I was heartbroken she really didn't want it and left it outside, on the ground. A bitter feeling developed inside me towards her and I really hated that.

I put it in my pocket. One man's rags was another man's riches. If she didn't want it, I could sell it and get my money back.

*****
I was planning not to go to work today. I was too tired and hurt to move about.

"Kpringgg..." my phone rang. It was a call from Catherine, Teri's mum.

"Hey aunty." I said.

"Hello Jace. Is Teri at your place?"
she asked.

"No aunty. The last time I saw her was yesterday, at the diner."

"Oh. Do you know where else she could be? I've contacted all the others but they have no idea."

"Really? I can't think of anywhere else she could be but I'm sure she'll give you a call soon, or come home."

"Okay son. Take care."

"You too aunt."

I couldn't help but think she might have spent the night with some guy. She was going through a lot at the moment and it meant she would do anything stupid without thinking twice. I just hoped she was fine.

*****
Jayden called me around 3 pm.

Hey man. We still haven't heard from Teri.
She hasn't notified you of her whereabout?

Naah man. I'm guessing she just wants some alone time.

But she should have atleast told us where she was.

I'm gonna try calling her again and see if it goes through.

Sure thing bye.

Bye.

I hang up and tried calling Teri again after several attempts. It rang for some time before it stopped and someone spoke.

Hey handsome

Teri! Where are you? Everybody is worried sick about you.

Oh you don't recognize the voice do you?
Well I was about to call you when you called.

Taiya? Where is Teri?!

Chill. She's fine.

I swear if anything happens to Teri, you're going to live the rest of you life somewhere worse than hell.