Chapter 8- Bad Words

"We broke up mum," the words left my mouth.

"You what?" she asked. "Not when I was getting interested in your relationship." she added.

"I left him to be free. I see he's struggling with having a girlfriend to remain faithful to while he could enjoy his life."

"He cheated?"

"Yeah... I saw him making out with his best friend." I always spat the word 'best friend' out even when I didn't know i did.

"Have you heard his side?"

"Nope. I'm not interested."

"I think you should listen to him especially if you think the girl has a thing for him. Does she like Jace?"

"They used to be like fuckbuddies some years back but she left and now she's back claiming him."

"Oh. This looks worse that I imagined."

"So you don't wanna hear him out?"

"I'm not ready."

"You better make up your mind soon else she's gonna snatch him away way beyond your reach." mum advised.

"It's okay though. EHSE begins two weeks after this week ends."

"That's a point though. Take your studies very serious dear."

"Sure mum, I'll be in my room. Studying as usual."

That night, I spent it without my gadgets. Just learning. The only time I managed to touch my phone was when I was setting my alarm for tomorrow. I  did all the studying tonight so there was no need to wake up early tomorrow. I can't risk waking up late and crushing into him again.

I ignored all the messages on the phone and went into la la land.

*****
*After a week and a day(Jace's suspension period)*

Jace. Jace. Yes Jace.

He was causing trouble in his classes. Coming to class late, disturbing classes, cutting teachers off, being noisy and all that bad boy stuff. He even attempted smoking in class once but Jayden was there to stop him. That was the only class all six of us had together. Including the witch make it seven.

The thing that annoys me most about her is when she laughs when Jace does something stupid. I see her steal glances at me from the corner of my eye with a victorious smirk on her face in every class we had together. Bitch.

After the class, I decided to see Connor to deliver to Jace a message from me.

"What's up T?"

"Uhh... can you do me a favor and tell Jace that I beg him to stop all that he's doing and focus on the exams coming up next week and if this is  about me, I'm willing to speak to him and listen to him." I said in one breath.

He sucked in some air but said, "I have heard you though but I think you should speak to him face to face."

"No. Not yet maybe after EHSE. Right now please deliver my message to him."

"Okay maybe you would love to listen to what he says. You can hide in the corner while I tell him that."

I thought of it for a while before concluding, "Sure." I smiled at him. These people were really family.

I stood behind and watched Connor talk to Jace and Jayden and that was when he put my message across. We were in a corner around the library.

Jace had a tired look on his face and he sat on the floor. Jayden was relaxed on the wall standing, beside Jace and Connor stood opposite them.