Chapter 22 - Wedding And Resurrection

Author's POV

The D day. The day of union between Taiya Adams Brown and Jace Noble Carter.

Taiya was seated with her bride maids in her room. There was Angie and some of her friends. Prilla and Layla had kindly declined Jace's offer for them to be part.

Taiya was looking very elegant, adorned in expensive jewelery. Her hair was neatly styled, with loose curls hanging around her face. Her gown was sweeping the ground. Her feet were in a two inch silver heel with tiny sparkles of gold glitter. Her bridesmaids were taking several pictures of her, as well as the photographer she had hired.

Taiya wanting the wedding to be the talk of the town made sure she got the best, though expensive items in her ceremony. Her parents-in-law didn't mind as they wanted this one-time occasion to be her best memory.

Finally, she was driven to the event center in a black audi. Her father was by her side, arms interlocked, as he led her down the aisle. With each step she took, the standing figures admired her beauty and richness. Chloe and her male cousin from Taiya's side were walking ahead of her, pouring out flowers of all colors. It was a magnificent sight.

Slowly, she arrived at where her husband to be and the marriage officiator stood. Jace took her petite hands in his. On his face was a bright and cheerful smile. In his heart was a sparkless feeling.

*****
"Do you, Taiya Adams Brown, take Jace Carter to be your lawfully wedded husband?" the officiator asked.

"Yes I do." Taiya said with a smile, revealing her white teeth.

"Do you promise to stick by your husband in all things."

"Yes I do."

"Will you forever stick by your husband no matter what, for richer for poorer, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, till death do you apart?"

"Yes I will."

The officiator turned to Jace and asked, "Do you, Jace Noble Carter, take Taiya Adams Brown to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"Yes I do." was Jace's reply.

"Do you promise to stick by your wife in all things."

"Yes I do."

"Will you forever stick by your wife no matter what, for richer for poorer, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, till death do you apart?"

"Yes I will."

"Any more words?" he asked the couple.

Taiya recited her one page long vow while Jace said his, promising to be a good father to Chloe and help his wife as they began this new journey.

Saying this, Jace slipped the diamond adorned ring unto her left ring finger. She also did same.

The officiator began, "Now, with the power bestowed upon me, I now pronounce you man-" there was a screeching sound that cut him off. Everybody turned to the direction of the noise.

It was a black crow that flew over them and stood at the flower arc at their side. It stood there for some seconds, dropped some droplets of faeces and flew off.

The mouths of the audience hang open as they whispered among themselves what had just happened.

"The wedding must come off. Please keep quiet." That was Mr. Carter. The congregation was quiet and the officiator was made to continue.

"Now with the power bestowed upon me, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride." There were cheers and whistles as Jace and Taiya kissed.

Among the guests was Prilla and Layla. Layla's phone buzzed. It was a call from the hospital. It was a very important thing she had just heard. She shared the news with Prilla and the smile on her face changed, bigger or paler.

When the ceremony was coming to an end, Prilla and Layla hurried over to Jayden and Connor. They shared the news with them and they thought to go to the hospital. The only problem was how to tell Jace. This was his special day and they didn't want to ruin it. They made Connor stay behind with Jessie so that they can be there for Jace.

Saying their goodbyes to the couple and their family, they left for West Way Hospital.

"Connor," that was Jessie. "Happen to tell me why they left in a rush like that?"

Connor scratched his neck nervously "Uhhhh. Jace doesn't have to know but Teri is awake."

*****
Tun dun dunnnnn.

This is my POV. Like...

I have never fully witnessed a marriage ceremony so forgive me if this is a messy mess. Till next update it's still me-

Erica ❤️