Chapter 14 - Client

Teri's POV

I was trying to keep things highly professional between Jace and I just like all my previous clients but he always talked about everything that concerned me. As a therapist, I had to tolerate such things and I'm afraid it would lead toJace and I getting too comfortable with each other.

I was giving Jace's foot light massages. We were not talking right now and the only thing that could be heard was the staff talking outside the house. Everyone was either at work or at school. Angie had found herself a work. I don't know where and I wonder why she would even work instead of staying at home when she arrived just yesterday.

I heard a groan, and it was from Jace.

"You okay?" I asked.

He nodded briefly.

"So Mr. Carter. Where would you have been right now, if not for the broken legs."

"I thought you were being professional."

"Yes, I am. And it includes you being professionally comfortable with my presence."

"I'm mad at you."

"Why?"

"Why should it be Ethan?"

"Not about that Mr. Carter."

"Jace. The name's Jace."

"What do you have against my fiancé Mr. - Jace? " My client's comfort and wellbeing is my priority so I guess I just have to go with Jace.

"No hate here Mrs. Wright. I just think you have a bad taste in men."

"I'll agree with you because you are one of the men I've walked with and I regret that."

"Woah Woah. I said men. I was a boy back then." he smirked and I rolled my eyes, pressing deeper on his foot.

"Chill Teri. You don't want to have a bad rating from me."

"Just shut up okay, everything is better if we don't talk."

My phone rang and I excused myself to answer the call. I'm not supposed to do that but anything that would keep me away from him is fine.

'Hey Jessie'

'Hey how's my brother doing'

'Being an asshole and just irritating me'

'That's Jace for you and now that he's back, I'm  going to be annoyed most of the time'

'Hahaha.'

'I was just checking up on you two and I'll leave you to do your work.'

'Sure. Be safe'
'Bye'

' Bye'

I ended the call with Jessie and went back to the room.

"Who was it?" Jace asked.

"My fiancé. He was checking up on his lovely fiancée."

Jace gagged. To my disbelief.

"I don't appreciate your behavior towards my relationship." I said to Jace, my arms folded.

"He's just not a nice guy."

"It's been seven years Jace. He's changed from whatever reason you didn't like him and now, he's a perfect gentleman."