Chapter 20

Jace's POV

I was really anxious about the DNA results. They were yet to be released in a week or so's time yet I was anxious asf.

And also, I was really worried about Teri. It's been close to a week and she hasn't woken up. I was so worried and I didn't know what I would do if she didn't get- No.

I know my Teri. She's a strong girl and she'll fight through. I haven't yet found time to visit her. I'm wishing to spend a whole day by her side praying for her recovery but work deprives me such. Fortunately, there are no meetings tomorrow which means I get to see Teri.

I was on the floor in my room, throwing a ball at my ceiling as it bounced back. The noise from Jessie's room(which was next door mine) was driving me crazy by each second but upon yelling at she and Connor to keep the bed-creaking down, it just got worse. My only way to keep my ears from suffering was to plug in my headphones. My mind was constantly wandering about Teri, the DNA results, my upcoming wedding, then Teri again. Everything that was happening in my life, she was involved.

She was involved in the DNA results because if not for the accusations she made I wouldn't be doing this. She doesn't even reciprocate what I'm feeling for her. She just doesn't understand that I can still like her even if we've been 7 years away from each other.

Now, she's battling between life and death at the hospital and I always have to calm myself down to not think there's something happening to her. I want to see her open her eyes and speak to me, to hear her voice.

To remember that she's still in coma doesn't give me the urge to still get married. Whenever I see Chloe, all I want is for her to get the right family she needs and in wanting to achieve that, I must take the bitter pill of getting married to someone I just considered a sister but ended up impregnating her.

Call me careless but i was drunk when we slept together. I don't even have a single image of that moment. The only image of me and a girl doing the *ahem* is 7 years ago when it was with Teri. That memory lives rent-free in my mind.

My door bursts open and in walks Taiya, my fiancé.

"Wouldn't hurt to knock, Taiya." i tell her. Sometimes, I'm very not interested in her presence that I get irked when I see her. I'm still wondering how I'm going to tolerate her when we get married and that would mean staying at work more, so that I can avoid her and only be close to her when I feel for fun.

"Babe, I was thinking about spending the rest of the night with you, I'm bored." I knew what she wanted but I just wasn't in the mood.

"It's late go back to bed."

"But it's nicer when it's late." I rolled my eyes. But internally.

"See, I'm not up for you moans and screams tonight please."

"But your sister is also f*cking someone right now next dooe."

"This has nothing in link with whatever shit my sister is doing." I tried not to raise my voice but it's impossible.

"You're always mean to me." I turned to look at her and she was on the verge of crying.

"I'm just not in the mood now so you can kindly leave." I sigh then I hear the opening and banging shut of my door. Remind me to apologize to her later but right now, I don't need her.

She knows that I don't have any lovely feelings for her yet she still desperately wants the wedding to come off. I wonder what actually she wants.

*****
I fell asleep on the floor. I woke up with an aching back and I put all the blame on Jessie and Connor because in an attempt to protect my virgin ears, I hurt myself.