Chapter 32 - Explanations

Jessie's POV

"Care to explain to us how you stole my baby young lady?" Teri spat at me.

Realisation hit me and I was left standing, clutching my cheeks, shamefully.

"What is going on? Are you out of your mind? This isn't funny at all." Connor said.

"Finding out your friend is behind you loosing your baby sure doesn't sound funny." "You want to tell them all how you helped your sweet sister in law swap our babies? Huh?"

"What is going on you two?" Layla asked totally confused.

"I-I-I'm sorry Teri. I didn't know how to tell you."I apologized.

" Sorry? You think sorry is going to bring back the years I lost without being with my child? You think sorry will erase the pain? You think sorry is going to make Chloe come back? You think your silly sorry is going to make everything alright? For me to be called mama? "she said amidst sobs.

I felt very bad seeing her breakdown like that all because of my selfishness. I had wanted to tell her but I just didn't know when was the right time and I feared what Taiya would do.

"I trusted you. I thought you actually liked me after you found out I was pregnant for Jace. I thought your actions were genuine. The smiles, comforting hugs, gifts, was all to lure me. Were you ever going to tell me? Were you ever going to get a heart and confess?"

"What is wrong Teri? We don't understand." Connor asked not getting any of this.

"You don't? O well. Your darling girlfriend here and her sister in law managed to swap my child after her birth with Taiya's dead one and it so happens that the little angel that died two weeks ago, Chloe, is my daughter and I'm only now finding out."

I bowed my head in shame.

"Is this true? Jessie tell me it's a lie."

"I'm s-sorry." I said repeatedly. Connor's hold on me loosened. I saw the look of disappointment on everyone's faces.

"I was manipulated. Taiya threatened me. There was nothing I could do." I tried to plead.

Teri scoffed. "Of course you'll try to play victim." She said harshly earning a scold for herself from Jace.

"Don't even get me started with you Jace." She turned her anger and pain to the poor man. "Meeting you has done nothing but introduce pain to me. Why can't I love in peace? Why should there be everything coming against us? Why does it seem like no matter how badly we love and want each other, something comes between us. Just see. We were going to be happy. Just you and me. We would have started a new relationship but no! I'm finding out your sister is a bitch and very evil. I don't even think I can do this anymore. Maybe we're just not meant to be together.
Maybe the Yours Forever that we talked about can not be a possibility. Looking at how things are going, *sigh* I think this must end." She took off the little ring from her finger and handed it to Jace."

I never knew that was from him. "It looks like our Yours Forever isn't coming off." She fought back the tears and turned to leave.
"I'm sorry for the drama I caused. I want to be alone." She shared a quick disappointed glance at me.

"Teri-" I tried calling her but she cut me off.

"Save it!" She left us all standing there. Everybody dared not to speak.

"I'm so sorry guys." I apologized and left too. I couldn't stand them. I felt too ashamed. I knew they were going to find it very difficult to forgive me. Most especially Jace and Teri. This affected Teri the most. At least Jace was still Chloe's father and they spent quality time together.