Chapter 29 - Dinner

Teri's POV

"What's got you all smiley?" My mum gave me the look from her chair in her office.

"Oh nothing." I replied, making no attempts to take my eyes off the phone.

"Is it Jace you're talking to?"

I blushed at that but dismissed it. "No it's not."

"Really? If I think hard no name but Jace can make you smile like this. Not even a million dollar lottery."

I did hear what my mum said, but my conversation was too juicy to reply her.

"I guess I just have to let you be."

"You were saying?" I finally took my eyes off of the screen.

"I was saying? I don't think I said. I've been very quiet since you came."

"Oh come on mum. You saw that I was clearly busy."

She mimicked me in an annoying tone. "My daughter is so grown she thinks she doesn't even need me anymore."

"You have always been saying that but you know that's not true. I really love you."

"Ha! I bet you've told Jace 'I love you' more times than you have told me all your life."

"Oh come on Jace again?"

She grinned and began packing to leave. "Just tell me when your pregnancy tests come out positive."

"Stop kidding mum. I'm not pregnant. We've barely touched each other in a long while."

She coughed pretentiously. "Lies!"

I chuckled. "Well, since you're expecting a lot from our relationship, Jace and I are going on our first date tomorrow."

She squealed. "That's my baby. You're finally doing this."

"Yes mum. I'm following your advice of going after my sister's husband."

"Oww. Don't make me a bad person. That thing they called marriage failed right after they exchanged vows."

Wow. "I guess it's a mother and daughter thing. Going after married men."

I slammed my palms over my mouth after realizing how I might have sounded. "I'm - I'm sorry ma-"

"Don't worry. You're right. Hector is married."

"I mean mum, if you two really like each other, why don't you guys do something about it. I don't... really like you dating Hector especially while he's still living with his wife."

"You're right baby. I know you are right. I just..."

"Think about it mum... Goodnight." Saying that, I got up to leave for home. Nana had already taken the lead.

*****
Jace pulled out my chair for me and I took my seat. We were a bit away from town having dinner. I preferred to call this dinner but I knew Jace meant something more, like a date.

"You remember this place?"

"Ummm.. No?"

"Really? This is the place we met the granny that said we were meant to always be together."

"Oh yeah yeah. I remember. It's been so long."

He nodded. "But I clearly remember that incident."

Just then, a waiter came over and asked for our orders. We gave it to him and when he left, we continued our conversation.

"How's business going?" I asked Jace while sipping on some water.

"Business is good. Very good actually. The demand for our products on the market is very high."