Chapter 2 - NEW GIRL

I dropped myself on my bed. There was school tomorrow but I wasn't feeliinng prepared. I was tired but sleep wasn't coming. There was traffic somewhere in my nerves that prevented precious sleep from coming. My eyes were wide open while I admired my works on my ceiling. After some very long time(I don't know how long), I heard a ding from my phone.

Hey babe: JACE
Hey love : YOU

You're not asleep? : JACE ❤️
No, not yet. I was waiting for your good night text: YOU

Oh come on, don't tell me it's bedtime already: JACE ❤️
🤣I can feel you pouting :YOU

How do you know me so well: JACE ❤️
What am I supposed to do as your girlfriend?        
I'm must know you and that's what I'm still doing: YOU

You're doing very well at it. There's no girl that can play this            
role better than you: JACE ❤️
You're making me blushhhh☺️: YOU
*after some texts*
Hehe. I guess it's about time we slept now. :JACE ❤️
Yhs: YOU

Okay then..               
Good night princess: JACE ❤️
Good night my king: YOU

I closed my phone and shut my eyes. Oh sleep come to your beloved. I need you.

My phone rang. Here we go. I'm staying up all night now. Without checking who the caller was, I answered the call and I was greeted with noise from none other than my dear friend, Prilla.

"WHAT ARE YOU UP DOING AT THIS TIME OF THE NIGHT. IT'S SUCH AN UNHOLY HOUR AND HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN WE HAVE SCHOOL TOMORROW? !! HUH!!?" Prilla screamed over the phone.

"Good evening to you too miss. How may I be of help to you?"

"You are supposed to be asleep by this time but where do I find you? ONLINE! ON-FREAKING-LINE!"

"Geez, chill girl. Even mum wouldn't be this mad. Shouldn't you be asleep yourself?"

"Don't try to divert it to me. We're talking about the face of NeH here. The school presentation is just few hours away. I believe you have prepared. I trust you are even more than prepared. Don't worry. If you need any help, I can be of many assistance to you. But sleep is very important to you. You know I'm a night owl so I'd be going to sleep when you're waking up but please don't forget I'm your friend and... you can't call tomorrow morning. I'd be asleep. " She said in one breath.

" Are we fighting? " I asked.

" No why? "

" Because the only thing I heard was you saying, 'forget I'm your friend and... you can't call tomorrow morning. I'd be asleep' . "

" You mean you weren't listening? What at all has come over you these days? Jace must hear about this ASAP."

I laughed at her. "I'm very tired. I think I must sleep now."

"That's a good idea. Dream good dreams and wake up on time. Good night. "

"Good night... Oh, and Jace is not hearing about anything."

I ended the call and shut my eyes. Sleep decided it was about time she appeared and she did it slowly.

*****