Chapter 6 - Breakup

Teri's POV

"Well done Jace," I said as I stood there, arms folded, with a pained look with Ethan. Ethan was a very good friend of mine. He was like one of the brothers I never had. He looked out for me and loved me so much.

We were going for lunch but we saw Taiya and Jace kissing in the hallway and she saying some bullshit words.

"Hey babe listen it's not like-"

"Quit the crap. I've seen enough and I've already made my decision. It's over."

"No no no no Teri please." He walked towards me but I turned and ran out of the building.

I ran and ran and did not even know where my legs were taking me to. The tears were making it difficult for me to see and as if things wouldn't get worse, it began to rain. Heavily.

When I finally made out where I was, i figured I had ran into the old building where they kept damaged stuff. This was where I met Jace and that's where my legs managed to carry me to.

Flashback
I was very hurt when Nat said the words, "No one's ever going to like an ugly poor nerd like you." Nobody had ever insulted me this bad and it hurt like hell. I didn't understand why he had to say that.

It all came about when they came round the class asking what our type of guy was and my excited self began by saying, " I want a handsome and decent guy who'd love me with his all and understand me. Who would treat me like a queen and find a place in his heart where I can live forever. And he must be black and have an afro too."

After saying this, they all burst into laughter and Nat made that remark. Even  still, they laughed. The only people that showed their disapproval was this guy named Jayden and his girlfriend, Layla and Jace showed his by following me to the building. It was a very far place from our classes and I was touched he actually followed me there.

When he saw me sitting on a bleacher there, he just walked to me and pulled me into a hug. I cried into his shirt for a long time before I felt my brain aching and sobbed rather.

"It's okay Teri. You don't have to mind that douche bag."

"You-you know my name?"  I looked at him.

"Yeah... *scratches neck* I've been having my eye on you a while now."

"Oh... I didn't even think someone like you would ever notice a nobody like me."

"Hey come on. Don't speak so low of yourself like that.

" I'm not always like this." I said.

"If I listen to what you said back there. It looks like I'm your kind of guy."  he smiled, showing his perfect white teeth.

I giggled lightly. "You know you don't always have to lie to make someone feel better."

"Do I look like I'm lying? See, I'm being very honest."

I looked at him real hard before concluding, "Mm well I can see some sort of sincerity in your eyes."

"I'm glad you can see through me. My last girlfriend was just with me for the pleasures."