Chapter 19 - Lies

Ethan's POV
After the meeting with Teri, I left home weary. I fixed myself something for supper. I was constantly thinking about Teri and how happy I would be to see her run back into my arms.

Going to bed that night, I had a smile plastered on my face. I'm going to get my woman back.

*****
I was woken up by the call on my phone. I picked it up.

'What is it?'

Aren't you at least happy to hear from me?

What do you want make it snappy

I'm missing you already

That's very funny because I'm actually not

Oooh baby. Which reminds me. I found out about what you did

About...

I knew you'd tell Teri whatever I told you that's why I lied to you

What do you mean?

I mean, everything you told Teri was a lie. I lied to you and now she has been disgraced. She's never going to come back to you.

You're a witch

All for you baby. When next am I going to see you?

Never. Leave my life Taiya. I don't want you

I ended the call quickly before she could say 'papaya'.

Taiya and I have been having an unserious relationship for a long time now. We promised to stop when we found someone. Taiya didn't want to stop and because I loved it too, I carried on. On the night Teri found me in bed with a woman, it was actually Taiya and we had agreed that would be our last time but it turned out to be the worst time.

Right now, Teri would be seriously mad at me and that was the last thing I wanted. I must tell her something to calm her down and bring her back to me.

I called her number several times but to no avail. I hated that she wasn't picking up my calls. I must see her. I needed to see her. I drove to her house but the guy at the security post informed me that everybody had left and he hadn't seen Teri around since the day before.

She might have gone to her friend's house.

I called one of her friends, Connor. Just like the others, he didn't like me but he was a bit nice.

Who is this?

Hey it's Ethan. I was calling to ask if Teri is with you or you happen to know where she is.

You don't know where Teri is?

No why?

She had an accident. She's in the hospital

She what?

If this is about you and something happens to her, I am personally not going to let it go.

Please tell me which hospital she's in

West Way Hospital. Come wisely.

He ended the call and I sat zombie-like contemplating on what to do next. I must see Teri. I needed to see her. West Way Hospital. I'm on my way.

I punched the location onto the map and I was led there in 8 minutes. I think she had the accident around my residence so they took her to the nearest hospital.