Chapter 24 - Lunch

I was finally out of the hospital and the relief that rushed over me was overwhelming. I was finally breathing in oxygen not the stained hospital air.

I was in the car with my friends(including Jace who was literally pulled to come) and guess what? They wanted us to have lunch together so instead of taking me home to rest, I was driven straight to Nana's restaurant.

I really loved how they showed their love and care to me but at a point, they were treating me like I was the most fragile thing on earth and I would break by the tiniest calamity. Yeah it was that bad.

"The usual." I said to the waiter when he came over to take our orders.

"He's cute." Prilla squealed.

"He's taken." I replied.

"I didn't say I was hitting on him." She grumbled.

"Naah. I think your heart would be too wounded if you actually made a move on him and he tells you plainly that he has a wife."

"A wife!?" she exclaimed.

"You heard me right baby girl." I smirked and she scowled deeply.

Minutes into eating, Layla decided to break the deafening silence filled with clashing of plates and cutlery.

"So... Jay and I are organizing a week long Christmas vacation. All of us and our partners."

"Wow. Any special occasion?" I clasped my palms together. Count me in on anything fun.

"Not really. Just to remark our friendship. You know this is the first time in ages we would actually be spending the Christmas together in the same province."

"That sounds like fun. Count me and my babe in." Connor fist bumped Jayden.

"And what if you don't have a partner?" I asked.

"Then we'll get to play referee because I'm assuming there will be tons of games." Jace replied.

"We?" I asked again.

"Yeah. Taiya would be busy then so it'd be just me." he stabbed his chicken with his fingers around the fork almost wanting to break my granny's fine and high quality cutlery.

"But I don't wanna be referee." I whined.

"You're in luck girl. Since Jace would be coming alone, then you two would pair up. The many the merrier. Or?"

I scoffed. "Then I think refereeing would be fine with me."

Layla rolled her eyes completely ignoring my grumpiness. "You in Prilla?"

"Of course. You know I'm not gonna miss this for anything. If Nelson doesn't want to come, I'll have no choice but to pull him with me." She grinned and I knew she could do exactly as she just said.

She finally got in with Nelson, her English boyfriend. The one she had been crushing on since a long time ago.

"Then I'm guessing the camera guy would have to play referee."

"Camera guy?" Jessie asked.

"Yeah... Well we thought we could use this as an opportunity to post content on our YouTube-."

"So you're practically using us. Wow." Prilla put a hand over her chest.

"No no. We're killing two stones with one bird." Jayden explained and everyone burst into laughter.

"We kill two birds with one stone bro." Connor corrected.

"Yeah says the dumb one." We laughed again and Connor feigned hurt and stuck his tongue out at him.