Chapter 30 - Closed (5: 59)

Teri's POV

I've been in and out of the hospital for two weeks. Jace was really depressed and torn from what was going on. He was always by  Chloe's side, refusing to even get up to pee or freshen up.

Last week, Chloe had series of seizures which alarmed us a lot. The doctor made us understand that it was going to become more frequent as she was still growing in the sickness.

She was even off for about three days but just recently gained consciousness. Her usual active self had disappeared and she was very quiet and thinking to herself lately. She barely spoke. She was only a bit awake when Jace or I were around.

"Heyyy. Who wants some cupcakes?" I entered Chloe's room with a box of 12 cupcakes.

There was a dull response from Chloe who was currently alone on her iPad.

"Oww. You look dull."

"I don't feel good. I feel like sleeping and never waking up."

"What?! Don't say that Chloe. You're gonna make it through this okay?"

She nodded meekly. "So would you like to try my cupcakes specially made for you?"

"I'd love to." I handed her a cupcake which she didn't hesitate to dive into.

I patted her head and was glad she really enjoyed it.

Jace entered with a box full of hair and makeup supplies. "You're getting her a makeover?" I guessed.

"Yep."

"Mmmmmm cool." I was enlightened.

"I can't wait for the transformation." I pulled Chloe's cheeks. "Jace, there are cupcakes for you."

"Sure thanks."

A nurse brought in some clothes. I helped Jace setup a dressing set with makeup on it.

"So, where's the makeup artist?"

"Which makeup artist?"

"The one to make Chloe up."

"Pfft. There is no such person."

"Huh? Then why these things?"

"Why do we need them when we have you and I. You go for the make up, I go for the hair."

"You're insane."

"Insanely handsome, I know."

I chuckled and got poised for the work nevertheless. We carried Chloe into the seat.

"Wait! How about you solely work on her hair while I make a video, then you video when I do her makeup."

"Sounds like a great idea."

We took several pictures and videos all throughout the makeover.

"OMG. Who is this?" Jace asked when I spun Chloe around in her seat.

"Your father's mistress." I said sarcastically.

"I would gladly allow her to be his mistress because she is really pretty."

I cleared my throat. "Wait till I tell your mum about that." He chuckled.

"You're so pretty Chloe." Jace helped her out of her seat.

"Thank you daddy."

I went over to the lights and switched them off. It was dark outside already so the room was pitch black.

"Teri?" Jace called.

"Chill Jace don't be a scaredy cat." I chuckled.

I switched on the light from Jace's phone and that of Chloe's tablet and put it to the left and right of the room so that they shone on where Jace and Chloe stood. I put on 'Forever Cherish This' by Tyby.