Chapter 16 - Cancelled

Jace's POV

What did you do Jace? Why did you say that? I was mad at my own self. I wasn't even sure about my feelings yet but I had blurted them out to her. She was getting married very soon and all I did was to confuse her.

"Really?" Jessie barged into my room, interrupting my thoughts.

"Really what?"

"Do you even think at all?"

"Yeah... That's why I got a brain."

"Hahaha very funny." She said sarcastically. "You better do something about what you said."

I sighed. "I don't know what to do. Any advice?"

"None. But you can just tell her that you were joking and just wanted to see her reaction."

I thought about it. "Good thinking. Thank you."

She scoffed. "What are siblings for?"

"Annoying each other." I replied and we all laughed.

"I'll be in my room." She left.

Minutes later, Teri came in.

"Here's your food. Take your medicines after." She turned to leave.

"Where are you gong to?" I asked.

"Taking a ride around." She did not turn back to look at me.

"Don't tell me you are mad about what I said. I was just joking."

"You were?" she turned to look at me.

"Of course. I was just pulling your legs. I can't believe you actually fell for it." I laughed.

"Ughhh. You can't joke like that okay?" she smiled. Cute.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to light you up."

"And you ended up making me mad."

"I'm sorry okay? It's not going to happen again."

"It better not." She rolled her eyes playfully.

*****
Teri's POV

It was Thursday. Just two days before my wedding. I closed from Jace's place around 6 pm because he had a minor domestic accident and I had to help him out. Instead of going home, I rather decided to go to Ethan's place and spend the night there just to avoid the traffic.

Ethan's house was quite close to Jace's so all I had to do was to drive for 5 minutes.

I drove and parked in front of our house. Yeah like me and his house in the future.

His front door was open which was so unusual of him. I walked right inside the house, heading to the living room first. He would probably be watching boxing 360. He wasn't in the living room. I checked the kitchen, no sign of him, checked his basement and backyard, no sign of him and I remembered  I hadn't checked the bedroom. He might be napping.

As I approached his bedroom, I could make out weird sounds that I never expected to be coming from his room. There was moaning and groaning and a girl mentioning his name. Mad and confused, I barged into the room. It was dark inside but I was still able to make out that he was rushing off someone and hastily putting on his pants.

I rushed back outside with teary eyes and he was following me.

"Hey baby it's not like that. I can explain."

"There's no explanation. You son of a bitch."

"Baby listen to me this is-"

"F*ck off Ethan. It's two nights to our wedding and what do I find? You fucking another woman in our house."