Chapter 28 - Talks

Jace's POV

"So what did you do man?" Jayden asked. I was telling them about the birthday saga.

I emptied the last shot into my mouth and answered, "I pretended not to hear."

All three boys broke into laughter. We had grown very close to Nelson after that day so we usually hang out with him. Besides, we needed a sane person like him because Connor is already insane, Jayden is gradually losing his sanity and I'm quite sane- I guess.

"What's funny?" I looked quizzically between the men more like boys right now that were finding my sh$t hilarious.

"Bro. You've got a lot of sh$t in you life right now." He held his nose at 'sh$t' and broke into laughter, compelling the others to do same. What happened to Nelson? The only sane person? "You know it's not funny right? I came to you for help but you have been making fun of me for 30 minutes straight."

"Sorry sorry man." Nelson put a hand on my shoulder. "Your case needs critical thinking." "Seriously, if I were you? I'd just follow my heart."

"Men don't have a heart." Connor interjected.

"That's another of telling me men don't live. The heart performs the function of pumping blood for us to live. Also, where does Jesus reside if not the heart?" Jayden asked. Hehe. Fiancé of a doctor. Caps off.

Connor scratched the back of his head with a foolish grin. "Oops. I missed that."

"Follow my heart yeah? But my heart is no where around Taiya."

Nelson asked, "But?"

"Around... Teri." I said with a little sigh.

Nelson smiled. "If my opinion really matters, everything that's happening is entirely your fault. You gave your heart to the wrong person and now, you're hurting two- Teri's and yours. It is very obvious that you two still like each other which is very rare for circumstances you've been in. If right from the beginning you knew what you wanted and got it, maybe we would be expecting a mini Jeri right now. "

We chuckled.

"You've really made sense bro, but you're missing the point where the marriage was planned before I met Teri again."

"Three months Jace. You could have used three months to say your yes or no." Nelson acted.

"Honestly, I would have called off the wedding. I made plans to. But after the accusations Teri made and the DNA results being false, I was so mad at her and thought to punish her. Stupid me. I was punishing myself." They laughed at my stupidity.

"You guys know I'm stuck in the middle and can not take any side right? But man, if there's something I have to say, it is to correct the mistake. If a divorce is necessary, bro go for it. You'd save yourself the pain of loving the wrong person. You'd save Teri the pain of watching the love of her life with her sister. You'd save Taiya the pain of living in a loveless and hopeless marriage, and save Chloe the trauma of living in a messed up family, and a whole lot more. Think about this bro." Jayden said.

I was silent and made the words sink down with proper analysis.

"That's wise man." Nelson playfully hit his arm.

"But wait! You guys are only thinking about Jace getting a happily ever after with Teri. It can work well with Taiya. You can try to love her. Put aside her flaws and make her feel over the moon when she's with you."

"That's not possible. There's Teri and the two are still madly in love with each other." Nelson pointed out.

"Then leave her. You and your family should leave and settle somewhere where you can start afresh."