Chapter 26 - Jace's Home

Teri's POV

I lay in bed on my phone. There was a knock on the door. Allowing the person entry, Chloe's tiny self stepped inside.

"Hey Chloe." I opened my arms for a hug. "I really miss you."

"Me too. Mummy doesn't allow me to come to your house." She pouted.

"Really?" I asked and she replied with a nod. "Well I'm here now. We can play yeah?"

She nodded again. "Should we go to my room or?"

I thought for a while before replying, "Well since all your toys are up, then let's go up." I pulled her from the ground and settled her in my arms.

"Do you want to go for a ride in aunt's arms?"

"Yayy!" was her answer.

It was just few minutes past seven and that meant she would have to be in bed in the next hour and half.

"You know aunty would never play unless you're done with your assignments right?"

"Yes. I started with the Mathematics but I couldn't find an answer for the last question." She said.

"Really? Let me take a look." I took a look and this was some easy work.

"Okay start by adding the first numbers, then subtract it, before you add everything again to the last number." She scribbled everything inside the book.

"Wow. That was very easy. Thank you." She hugged me. I felt the air in me knocked out. This wasn't the first time she hugged me yet there was this new feeling of love, appreciation and contentment.

"You're welcome. So, where were we? Oh yes! Dressing up Barbie and Ken."

*****
I tucked Chloe into bed and left a kiss on her forehead. She was a very pretty and lovely girl. I just hoped she wouldn't grow up into some bitch like her mother was or still is.

"Chloe deserves more people like you." Someone spoke from behind me.

I turned around to meet Jace resting on the doorframe. "Oh hey hello." I walked to him.

He smiled in return. "You are more capable of being her mother you know." Jace admitted.

"Uhh. You know that's not possible. I'm content with being her aunt by the way."

"Yeah I know. I know things are not sweet between you and Taiya yet you don't fail to show Chloe love anytime."

"Of course. I wouldn't me and Taiya's relationship destroy the bond between me and this beautiful soul."

"Thank you."

"For?"

"For loving my daughter regardless of what has happened between you and I."

"Don't worry Jace. Everything is behind me now." I smiled at him.

"You-you *clears throat* you want to star gaze with me?" he asked, uncertain of what my answer would be.

"At the roof?" He nodded.

"It's been a long time since I last did that. You know your roof used to be my favorite place." I chuckled.

"We can do it like the old times. Me and you on a roof date."

I blushed. "Well except that this isn't a date. More like hanging out. In the night. At the rooftop."

"Yeah."

We rounded off and climbed the stairs to the clearing on the roof. Not much had changed. There was still the lover's bench, garden, small canopy-like structure and some little things. The place also smelled fresh and lovely and made me feel at ease.