Chapter 3 - They Are Just Friends

"I can't believe him right now. I mean, he left me to walk home because I wouldn't wait for him and he had to meet that girl's mother who was going to be there to pick her up. I mean, which boyfriend does that." I said to Prilla and Layla over the phone.

"Chill girl, they've been apart for what? 2 years?" Layla said.

"Well that don't matter it's just-" I was cut off by Prilla.

"Yeah you're jealous." She said and I could see the face she would make through the phone.

"I hate using that word for myself but damn, I'm jealous. Have you seen that girl, slim, model like and probably rich and me... just like a street hawker, poor and-" I was cut off. Again.

"It's okay you don't have to speak too low of yourself like that. " Layla pointed out.

"But I'm being me. That's who I am." I said, sad myself.

"Listen to me. You're a sweet lady, very gentle and understanding. The kind that every guy wants. Sometimes I even wished I had that attitude. To be able to tolerate anything. Girl, love yourself." Layla consoled.

"Aight. I've heard you but I'm still mad at Jace. I don't know how he's going to change my mind but I'm not talking to him anymore."

"We have nothing to say about your love life lover girl. Just chillax okay?" Prilla said.

"Sure... bye." nobody was talking so I had to end the call.

"Bye." Layla responded.

"Don't forget to finish your assignment Aunty Prilla the lazy ass." She added.

"Bye face of NeH. Bye brother snatcher." There's a reason she calls Layla brother snatcher. That's a story for another day.

"Bye." I ended the call with a big sigh. What is wrong with you Jace?

*****
My phone rang for the umpteenth time but I decided not to answer because guess who it was? Jace Carter. Yeah that one. My boyfriend.

I was getting fed up with my phone always popping up with a call notification from Jace❤️ since it was on silent but I was studying with my phone so I couldn't switch it off.

"What is it Jace?!"

"Thank God. I thought something might have happened to you."

"Excuse me, if you have nothing to say, end the call I have EHSE to write in a month and some weeks."

"Woah chill nerd I was just checking up on you."

"Thanks for caring so much to let me walk back home because of some girl."

"Oh so it's about that?"

"No. Not at all. See, I'm really exhausted I need to sleep right now."

"Sure but what about you preparing for the EHSE that's coming up in a month and some weeks."

"I can see you smirking. You better wipe that off your face Mr. Carter."

"Alright baby, chill-"

" Please let me have some time for myself."

" Okay. See you at school tomorrow?" he asked.

I kept mute. I was expecting him to end the call but he didn't .

"You not going to end the call?" he asked.

"Do I always have to be the one to end the call? Bye!" I ended the call. Yeah that's what he wants me to do so I did it.

*****
I heard the front door open and I knew my mum was home. She worked in the only supermart around. It was a big supermarket.

I rushed downstairs." Good evening mum. " I greeted her and took her bag. "Why don't you go upstairs and freshen up while I serve you dinner. "