Purring Unknowable things

Start from the beginning

"Well, I at least wanted to discuss the possibility of trying to figure out if we can tell Eret that you're Mellohi"

Tommy's feathers immediately puff up, which isn't a great sign.

"What?! Why would we do that?"

In response to the other's stress Ranboo warbles soothingly but Tommy just chirps back in a way that makes the enderman immediately deflate a little bit. Maybe Tubbo should have eased into the idea a bit? Whatever, too late for that. For now just try and remedy in the way that usually works best for Tommy- with a forceful voice, soft tone and a whole lot of confidence (even if it's false).

" because nothing that I've been able to find gives us any idea on if you're allowed to race as a hybrid and I don't want you to hide it if you don't have to- or to not be careful enough about it if we do and have it blow up in our faces or even get you stuck again."

At least Tommy's wings drop slightly at that, even if his eyes are still narrow and sharp against puffed up feathers and a twitching tail. Micheal at least appreciates the released tension, nuzzling further into the leg of the hybrid.

"Ok but what if we just don't risk being found out by someone with that much influence and just simply don't fuck up at races. I did fine while hiding from you all I'm sure I'll be just dandy with my whole fucking out crew of people who know my darkest secret at this point!"

Tubbo makes an unhappy sound at that, the reminder of what suffering was happening right under his nose making his instincts all sorts of disgruntled.

"Maybe that would work but shouldn't we at least try to figure it out? Why put ourselves through the stress if it would all be unnecessary just like it was for us . You don't need to keep digging yourself into grave after grave just because you got pulled out of the last one!"

Tommy growls softly

"Are you really trying to tell me that all of the effort I put into hiding was for nothing?! "

"Well, Yeah."

"I mean, he's right isn't he? You hid it because you thought we'd react badly but we didn't"

"But-"

"Neither did the Sbi or Niki!"

"But I didn't know that!"

"And we don't know that it would go good or bad to be open about it with the racing! Besides, we don't necessarily have to reveal that you're a hybrid right away. We could try and stay subtle"

"Because we're so great at that"

"Well- nobody is going to immediately assume that you're a dragon hybrid....we sure didn't"

"I-..... I guess."

Tommy's feathers finally start to flatten and Tubbo is sure to give him a smile that he at least tries to make as encouraging as he can. He feels the wave of tension that had briefly begun to buzz throughout the room start to fizzle out as he sets his empty bowl to the side.

"You're not on your own anymore, even if anything does happen we aren't going anywhere... Isn't it worth trying?"

Tommy sighs but it mostly sounds fond so Tubbo decides that it's a sign to further relax.

"... sure, I suppose we can at least try and get some info but no promises that I'll shift in front of him."

"Of course"

"Great! It's settled, then"

Ranboo hops to his feet with a relieved warble, starting to bring his bowl to the sink. Even at Micheal's displeasure Tommy follows suit so so does Tubbo. Once the bowls are all in the sink soaking in water, Tubbo's not overly surprised to find Ranboo practically dragging the two back to the couch. Even the slightest hint of inner conflict or stress usually weighs on the enderman hybrid.

When they're both sitting on the couch, tension officially forgotten, Ranboo practically lays across them with a soft noise that Tommy responds to with a hint of amusement.

"Guess we're trapped, huh?"

Tubbo laughs softly as he is "forced" to lay against his brothers, headbutting Tommy's arm as well as he can from the position.

"That appears to be the case"

Tommy huffs goodheartedly, leaning back and accepting their fate as Micheal hops onto Ranboo's stomach and chuckles at the wounded gasp Ranboo lets out as claws attack their torso with affectionate violence.

After a moment more of resting and the slow crescendo of three different purrs Tubbo lets himself fully relax, glad that the conversation ended up going relatively well. As always the warmth of a cuddle pile makes him mentally throw away his plan to change out of his gardening clothes along with anything else he hoped to do that day.

Before he gives in to the fuzzy feeling completely, though, he makes sure to make absolutely certain that Tommy knows one thing for certain.

"We aren't going anywhere, you'd be stuck with us even without Ranboo's instincts trapping us here."

He hopes that the tired

"I know"

Means that they've been doing a good job with this whole thing. They must be doing something right if they're still able to exist like this wings or no wings.

"Good, if you try to leave us now we'll kill you."

But making sure is never too terrible of a thing.

(Yippee, short but (I think) sweet chapter today. I'm just glad my brown didn't force y'all to wait fifty months again lol. Hopefully more to come and happy holidays! :3)