Bedhead and puffy eyes

On the day Tommy was planning to simply lay around and do nothing while both of his brothers were busy with shopping and working (and while Jack had some routine safety check whatever's going on at the inn), he ends up waking up earlier than even when he usually wakes up for work- let alone on a day off.

He doesn't even get the luxury of waking up slowly, nor does his body even give him any illusion of falling back asleep being any kind of possibility. Rather he only growls into his pillow once before his own muscles are dragging him to his feet and towards his closet of clothes.

A restless energy with no clear source makes his skin crawl whenever he slows to a stop in an attempt to give himself more time to mentally wake up. It doesn't help that a harsh chirping is coming from a few birds that decided that right outside of his window was the best place to practice singing before the other birds woke up or something.

He huffs, pulling on the first outfit to catch his eye and shuffling his wings in order to disperse some of the buzzing crawling up and down his spine. Once the clothes, a simple long sleeved shirt and a pair of black sweatpants, are in place he enters the hallway to find that the house is, unsurprisingly, still asleep.

He tries to ignore the way his feathers ruffle in protest of his slow pace, making his way to the kitchen. It too is devoid of any goat of enderman hybrids (though he's not surprised, it looks like the sun only just started rising outside).

He makes the decision to make his brothers breakfast only seconds before a pantry and fridge empty of things he has any idea how to prepare, make him change his mind, or at least come up with a different plan.

He ignores the way his stomach squirms with discomfort as he writes a note in case the others wake up, the familiar sight of a pen in his own hand and a sticky note almost breaking his resolve. The lingering guilt coats his throat in something sour but he decides that the restless feeling and lack of food in the fridge are plenty of reason to leave the house.

He hates the way he's tempted to just throw the note away, he hates the way his breath picks up at the reminder of what he used to be scared of and he loathes the fact that even now he sometimes wonders if it wouldn't be better to run away before anyone can change their minds on letting him stay.

He hates the way the thought of running away comes with an extra sting thanks to the fact that he realizes that, meaning to pr not, he's been avoiding spending time with Wilbur without his brothers there for a few days now, all because of the way he all but fled their last conversion (without explaining himself at all, even to Tubbo and Ranboo).

He almost slams the door behind him when he leaves, slowing himself down just in time to make sure the door wouldn't wake anyone else up.

He still is a little bitter about the way his body has practically bullied him into leaving the house but as soon as the door clicks shut there is a tangible feeling of relief along with it.

He sighs again (though this time sounds much lighter than the frustrated huffs from before) and turns away from the door. He drinks in the familiar feeling of cold air filling his lungs and leans into the feeling of the breath.

He closes his eyes for a moment and by the time he opens them again his form has already shifted into the body of a dragon. This time the transformation feels like the most natural thing in the world and finally the incessant hum of energy that woke him up ten or so minutes ago dissipates almost completely.  

He hops into the sky painted with a dark grey, whispers of pink and purple only just starting to peek out above the horizon line.

The air is cool but welcoming and far from cold as he slowly ascends, taking his time and letting his gaze wander across Snowchester as the town starts to slowly wake. The chill in the air and the feeling of solitude reminds him of waking up on the hotel roof all those days ago, when the outline of a warm body was the only thing that kept him from panicking long before he was forced to give himself up.