Hugs and the chug of a train

Two days later Tommy wakes up to the feeling of warmth seeping into his body. Ranboo is curled up against his back and he can feel Tubbo's head burrowed into his stomach. He bathes in it for a moment ,knowing full well that it's the last time they will be able to for a few weeks.

In the end it didn't take much to convince the trio to have Tubbo go. It was a huge opportunity. What was less easy to decide on was if he should have company. Ranboo heard that in a day or two Billiam was expected and decided to stay and work. Tommy feels guilt bite at his side at his agreement to stay to make sure Ranboo isn't treated badly during the stay.

He wants to but it's just an excuse for his absence. If something happens to Ranboo he won't actually be there to stop it. With a quiet whimper he feels his tail wrist around Ranboo's arm. He curses his cowardice all those years ago. If he had just told them from the start it wouldn't be a big deal, he could be honest. Now, after so many years and trials (after so many blatant lies) the reveal would tear his life into shreds. If Ranboo knew from the beginning he was cheering both of his friends on he wouldn't feel the need to stay.

He closes his eyes and pretends the guilt isn't there, gnawing at his bones. He tries to return to the peace he started the day with, and tries to expel the thoughts of regret. He tries to pretend he wasn't going on a train for the first time so soon. To pretend Tubbo's walk to the field and wait for Mellohi to come where necessary. As if Tubbo's nervousness about the dragon not understanding and showing up wasn't pointless.

He fails at pretending but when Ranboo starts to stir he fiens a sleepy wake up, caused by the tail around the taller boy not anxiety.

He hates it. He hates having to be good at pretending to his brothers, to his hoard.

" Sorry, did I wake you?"

"Yeah, no problem tho. Was about to get up anyway."

The words don't taste right.

He carefully shifts, making sure not to disturb Tubbo as he reaches for Ranboo in an admittedly pathetic display.

"What's up with that? Haven't done this in years, man"

Tommy swipes at him with a glare

"Shut up ,ranboob"

"Alright"

Satisfied with the response Tommy resumes the display.  He reaches for the standing enderman hybrid with his eyes closed, trying not to smile at the fond scuff that sounds before larger hands grab his tightly and drag him off the bed. He lets himself fall until the last moment, where he lets his entire body weight topple the enderman hybrid with a surprised vwoop.

"Oh my god, you're insufferable in the morning"

"Thanks"

"That's not-? Nevermind"

Ranboo sighs and Tommy takes it as a win, springing to his feet and helping Ranboo up. He considers dropping the poor lad but a tired bleat from Tubbo convinces him to have mercy. Instead he just actually helps the lanky hybrid up before making his way to the living room with a hum.

"What's for breakfast today big man?"

He drapes himself over the couch

" I'm not sure, I was thinking we could get something from Niki's for breakfast for once? Since Billium has requested me in a few days so I can get the money back and Tubbo is leaving?"

Ranboo sits next to him, his expression contrasting the casual suggestion. A small frown reveals a hesitance to ask, as if Tommy would yell at him for wanting to spend money. Luckily Tommy is the biggest man (and the idea sounds nice) and he gives Ranboo a grin.