16

Sixteen

Nadazhda woke up groggily with a radiant smile plastered on her face. She was happy; she felt energetic as she inhaled his shirt. She couldn't remember what had happened the night before; she untangled herself from the duvet, not wanting to spoil her good mood.
She went to the mirror to look at her neck but found nothing, and she didn't know why she went to the mirror—it was just an urge to look at her neck.

Everything was hazy, she closed her eyes to remember what had happened, but everything was not clear. She could catch a glimpse of him licking her neck. Maybe that was why she got the urge to look at her neck!

Ewwww!

Holy mother of noodles!

After Nadazhda was through showering, she stood beside the mirror with a comb trying to tame her hair in a ponytail. How she wished her hair to be short, but she was obsessed with long hair.

"Barea," Rina's tiny wings fluttered around.

"Rina!" Nadazhda shouted in excitement, beaming happily. She didn't even know what caused this overbubbleness.

Rina stared at her as if she'd grown another head before she smiled softly at her, "how are you?"

"Me?" Nadazhda asked sarcastically, "Can't you see I'm extraordinary today?" she flexed her tiny muscles while Rina shook her head.

"Okay, I see," Rina replied rhetorically with amusement.

"So, what's up?" Nadazhda asked, twirling her body on Zaccheus's shirt. His shirt was comfortable for her, and she could be snuggled into it and lose herself in his scent.

"Nothing is up, and it's the ceiling that's up," Rina rolled her eyes as she fluttered some little glitters on Nadazhda.

"What's that?" she asked while trying to catch some of the glitters.

"Nothing," Rina responded deadpan.

"What?"

"It's for me to know and for you to find out," Rina winked before using her little hand to close her mouth, "Close it; we won't want a fly to enter," she smiled.

"You pieces of...." her sentence was interrupted by a chirping voice.

"I won't complete the sentence if I was you, princess." Zeke entered while dramatically bowing his head.

"What?"

"An innocent little princess doesn't say an obscene word," he lectured as if he was a mother hen.

"What?" Nadazhda asked, dumbfounded.

"You pieces of..." he raised his brow for her to complete her sentence.

"Pieces of a nutcracker," Nadazhda added while shrugging her shoulder as he erupted in a fit of laughter, and she stared at him, trying to know why he was laughing so hard.

"Ooh, my bloody good! " he said between his laughter, "I can't believe it!".

"What?" Nadazhda said with a pout.

"I can't believe that is what you wanted to say, I thought...haha. Well, whatever, your facial expression looks comical," he said as his laughter reduced with a smile.

Nadazhda nodded in understanding before furrowing her brows in confusion, "What did you think I wanted to say?" she asked.

"I thought you were about to say ass or...," he said while it was her turn to laugh.

She laughed till the brick of tears before controlling herself, "you have a dirty mind," she tsked.

"Yeah," he scratched his head playfully.

As she wanted to reply to him, she felt an ache of pain in her heart which made her touch it unconsciously, but that did not go unnoticed.

"What happened, Berea?" Rina flew beside her and asked worriedly, which almost made her awed.

"I don't know, but my heart is aching as if I have got a hole in it," Nadazhda replied while Zeke smiled to the fullest, scrutinising her gaze at him.

"It's because your heart misses a part of it," he said.

"Eh?" she asked. Which part of it did it miss?

"You miss someone."

"Who?" Nadazhda's eyes widened.

"You."

"No way! I'm not missing some... Ah!" she felt another ache again.

"See, You miss someone," he beamed.

"No, I didn't...Ah!" she groaned in pain.

"Your heart realised what it misses," Nadazhda cringed mentally.

"Who the heck are you missing?" she glared at her heart while her heart rolled its imaginative eyes.

"Stop glaring at me," Zeke whined while Rina giggled and fluttered her wings around.

"Oh, sorry," Nadazhda laughed awkwardly, "I was glaring at my foolish heart, asking who the heck she misses," she explained.

"Oh!"

"Yeah!" she responded and scowled at him.

Mum?

Dad?

Zaccheus, a full-blown smile volunteering made its way to her face and dismissed all the worriedness as the pain in her heart subsided.

"Bingo, you've known who you are missing!" Zeke smiled knowingly at her.

"What?"

"I can't count how many times you've said 'what' today." Rina chirped in.

"What?"
"You've repeated it," she groaned, smacking her head.
"What did I say again?"

"You've repeated it," Rina growled, "you intentionally want me to go crazy with your 'what' or turn grey?" She shouted, glaring hard at her while she gulped nervously.

"Okay, I won't repeat it, but what do you want me to say?" Nadazhda asked.

"You repeated it!"

"But it's not possible for me to ask a question without using 'what' because..." she didn't finish her sentence before Rina released a shrill sound and puffed away angrily.

"But wha..."

"You are repeating it," Zeke said after cutting her off.

"OK," I swallowed, raising her hands in surrender. "no 'what'" she nodded.

"You know, it's annoying sometimes saying one word over and over again like a dumbstruck," he said, and Nadazhda nodded in agreement before her brain processed his words.

"You are calling me dumbstruck?" she scowled at him.

"No, I said like a dumbstruck," he defended.

"Like a dumbstruck and dumbstruck are the same," Nadazhda argued with her hands on her waist.

"Sorry, I don't mean it to come out like that," Zeke smiled sheepishly.

"But it came out like that," she smirked slyly at him.

"Yeah," he shrugged his shoulder.

"So whatcha doing here?"

"Uhn?"

"I do not want to say it?"

"Say what?"

"Your last word," she replied in a duh tone while he shook his head.

"What am I doing with here?" he rephrased her question, and she nodded.

"Can't I come to greet my favourite human," he whined as he ruffled her hair that she used almost an hour to tame. It made her nostalgic for how he ruffled her hair because he made her remember her dad when she was young, and she felt like crying, but she shook it off by glaring at him.

"Sorry," he said with mischief as he stuck his tongue out and ran out, not after banging the door closed.

Nadazhda sighed while rubbing her chest again to ease the pain she felt before she fell onto the bed again.