One

One

One thousand years ago (Azubu realm)

The King was pacing around the door, waiting to receive news about his mate in another room —laboring.

The midwives were going and coming out of the room. He stopped the midwife, " please, what's happening in there?" he asked in a worried voice.

"She is doing good," she answered professionally and returned to the room.

Half an hour had passed before the eldest among the midwives came out with a radiant smile, smiling to her fullest at the King.

She bowed her head in respect. "your highness, the Moon Goddess has blessed us with a bouncing baby boy." she relayed excitedly.

The King beamed with happiness and went in to meet his weak mate lying on the bed; he pecked her on her forehead and turned to the baby.

The King looked up confusedly and worried. "I can't smell his wolf or demon. He has a scent of a human," he stated the last word with hatred, disgust, and venom.

"I don't care whether he is a human or not; he is my son," the woman said, yanking her son angrily from him.

"I'm sorry, Mia, I didn't mean it that way; what I was saying is that; what will people think or say? A mighty King like me gave birth to an ordinary human - a weak species." he defended dismissively.

The woman stood up weakly, "how dare you says that to our son! even though he is human, I love my baby. I will protect him." her breathing came out in short pants.

"Just get out," she shouted.

¢¢¢¢

The year 1012(Azubu realm)

A little boy around twelve years old sat brawling his eyes out in the middle of a dark forest.

"Why can't I be normal like others?" The little boy whispered to no one while inspecting his injured arm, blowing air at the injury.

"Why are you crying, my prince?" an unknown masculine voice called out in the dark forest. The boy raised his head and looked at the pale man in front of him- a vampire.

"Are you here to bully me or want to drink from me?" The little boy asked in a firm voice, yet his body shook with fear.

"No, why will I? my prince?" The man replied in a low soft voice.

The little boy's lips quivering, he sniffed, " I'm not a prince. Please don't call me that. I'm a weakling, the last of the food chain. I'm a disgrace."

"Why did you say that?" the man asked inquisitively.

"Why won't I?" he hiccupped, "father said I'm a disgrace. He is the great King. How could he give birth to a human when he is a hybrid, a wolf and demon, and mama is a witch? My peers don't talk or play with me. All they do is hurt me." the boy screamed angrily.

"Is that it?" The man asked, and the boy nodded his head.

"I can help you," the man said suggestively.