Thirty Nine

Thirty nine
She was running, she didn't know what she was running away from, but the sound of heavy footsteps following her trail made her understand that something was following her and she needed to run harder than before. She was running through the thick forest in circles because she knew she'd passed this marked tree before when she ran past it. The trees were taunting her as the tree branches pulled and hit her.

She stopped beside a tree, trying to catch her breath, rested her hand on the rough bark of a tree, and saw the tree had opened itself, and her hand was entering the extended space; she screamed in frighten, removing her hand quickly, moving back only to hit her back on another rough tree which squeezed her in as panic rose in my, adrenaline produced, she struggled to get out, but everything was in vail. One of the tree branches stretched and removed her from being suffocated by the tree, then threw her tired body onto another tree. The rustled sound of the leaves was heard, the taunting of the tree creased to stop, and a shadow emerged from the darkness. The eerie sound made her stomach knot in terror as the hairs at the back of her neck stood up in goosebumps by danger.

After the shadow, some small creatures followed it, crawling slowly toward her as their tongue dangled out from their mouths. One of the creatures held her leg as his sharp claws pierced her skin, and she screamed out. The creatures ran their claw hands on her body, cutting a small portion of her skin before eating the cut flesh and licking the blood oozing. She could not move her body, which was like it was being controlled. She couldn't scream; her voice had been held, yet her eyes shone the terror of what was happening. Tears glistened in her eyes which were rolling down her cheeks like an opened tap.

They were eating her, eating her body, sucking her soul, her baby!

"Stop!" the man in the shadow commanded, making those creatures stop their feasting activities on her body. The man waved his hand dismissively, and the creatures grumbled before leaving her with the man in the shadow.

The man stretched his skeleton hand and caressed her cheek softly before piercing her cheek, drawing blood to his goblet. He laughed maniacally, pointing forward as two demons came out from the tree, with one of them holding a bundle wrapped in white cloth. A baby's cries could be heard from the bundle it was carrying. The two demons bowed and gave the crying baby to the man. The man took the baby by its arm and threw it up without care; the baby fell, and its head splattered, and she screamed loudly that she could still hear the sound ringing in her ears.

"Mom, won't you save me?" the baby said, crawling with the pieces head towards me as she moved back with my ass. A thread-like rope was coming out from the baby's nose as the rope stretched to her place and held her leg in a tight grip. "Mom, won't you save your baby?" the taunting voice. The baby's cries, it happens everyday taunting her, killing her inside. Her brain shut down, and she could not digest it again. She shut her eyes closed, but the trumpet was blown, and the crows were released, flying towards her as they started to pick on her head, hitting her with their sharpened beak.

~***~

Zaccheaus was sleeping when he noticed the change in his wife's breathing as he saw her battling with the blanket, tossing and murmuring in her sleep. Sweat covered her body, and she was having a nightmare again! Since they'd visited outside the castle, that was when his mate had started having the nightmare that whenever she woke up, she would be in a daze and throw up—having trouble sleeping, restlessness, and worrying.

"Nadazhda," he called her urgently, shaking her to wake up when he heard the slow rate of her heartbeat. He couldn't hear her thoughts or tap her emotions, and it was like there was some blockage that stopped him from feeling her emotions.

Her eyes fluttered open in terror as she pushed him away, running away from the bed, puking all that she had eaten the previous night on the floor. Her body was shaking in fear, and she looked lost and scared.