Thirty Six

Chapter 36

Zeke stared at Nadazhda as if she had grown another pair of heads, and he was gobsmacked with how she was eating the dough raw without baking or frying.

"Yummy," her eyes widened with delight as she added more sugar to the already sugary dough, which he shook his head.

He walked towards her slowly, not wanting to startle her. He tried to collect the bowl from her grip, but it was impossible as she glared at him, hugging the bowl.

"Leave it!" she scowled, running her flour-coated hand through her hair, "This is the best feeling ever!" she burped, and he shook his head. This isn't good. He thought.

"Bring it," he scolded her, taking steps towards her only for her to take three steps back before dashing out of the kitchen with the bowl.

Rina, sullen at the corner of the room, heard a commotion from downstairs and flipped her tiny wings before going to check what was happening. Zeke, who was running after Nadazhda to collect the bowl, stumbled on Rina, who was running to check what was going on. Rina's body flinched due to the skin contact she had with him.

She saw a glimpse of darkness in him, growling and raging before a painting brush was thrown at her.

She turned her gaze sharply to the culprit, forgetting Zeke's darkened soul, and found a laughing Nadazhda who looked like a bird's nest with some whitish dust.

Oh no! this isn't nice. She shook her head.

"Did you give her sugar?" she asked Zeke, not turning her gaze to him. She couldn't pinpoint what she had seen. Maybe it was her eyes and gloomy self that were deceiving her.

"She might have taken a little quantity," he paused, staring at the devil incarnate in front of him who had taken the mind of his sweet baby doll. In the meantime, when he and Rina were having a staring competition, Nadazhda slipped into the painting room and took a painting brush and can.

"Hey, you come here," she ordered softly, spreading the drawing sheet she had taken from the room. Zeke looked at Rina to her to know who she was talking to before she gestured her hands for him to come nearer.

He gulped visibly because he didn't know what she wanted to do with him and the mischievous twinkle in her eyes with the smirk playing on her lips was enough to alarm him.

Red light!

Meanwhile, Zaccheus could feel the excitement of his mate through the mate bond. The worries he was feeling earlier disappeared due to her bubbliness. He wondered what got her so happy that he couldn't control the smile on his lips.

Alec and the gamma were shocked when they noticed a smile on the King's face. They were still solving the problem mystery, plus the dead body, and he was smiling.

He was really manic. The gamma thought, shivering with a slime of fear, ran over him.

"What is happening over there?" he asked his beta through the mind link, only to feel the distressed of his beta.

"Everything is happening here!" his beta replied in a whiny voice, "she said she wants to paint, but she is spoiling my handsome face," Zeke projectile what happened to him as the King laughed out.

"Stop mocking me!" the beta said, "Ohhhh," he cried out.

"What happened?

"Your mate is pulling my ear to concentrate. Please spare me by talking to her to leave this poor soul to rest," Zeke cut off the link only to face a glaring Nadazhda with a paintbrush, and her sleeves were rolled.