Thirty Seven

Chapter 37

"Wait!" Nadazhda stood by the door, wetting her dry lips slowly, staring at her mate's blue orbs, which gold flickered in his orbs, representing his beasts, "I don't want anyone to stare at what's mine," she claimed her possession and scrunched her nose irritatedly at people who were going to swoon at his beauty, going to the table to bring a veil.

"psst, possessive much?" Zeke rolled his eyes dramatically, puffing his cheeks.

"Yeah, I keep what's mine," she smirked slyly, standing on her toes to reach Zaccheus's face. When Zaccheus noticed that, he cranked his head down for her while she hummed apprehensively.

"And less I forget, tell the people to evacuate from the castle before they can see a glimpse of you," she ordered sternly.

"Okay," he responded without missing a bit.

"Everyone go home and rest for the rest of today," he commanded through the mind link.

"There's love, ooo," Zeke rolled his eyes playfully while nudging Zaccheaus' side.

"Our mate is awesome," Ryl whispered, which Nadazhda heard and that made her face coated red bashfully while laughing softly.

"I know I'm the most awesome being," she blushed, pinching the King's cheeks adorably.

"That's for me," Ryl claimed, adding salt to the other beasts' grumpiness.

"Dumbass," Ryk muttered dejectedly, "it's actually for us because we are in the same body," Ryn butted in, which made Ryl's happy face turn sour.

"Awwww," she coed lightly, "you guys are my cutie adorable creature," she grinned, moving forward, giving a kiss to his right cheek, left cheek, jaw, and nose, and peppered all his faces with kisses before descending to the lips.

"And that's for all of you," she blushed breathlessly before walking out of the room.

A smile danced around the king's lips as he felt nostalgic; when he was young, around five years, he remembered putting on a princess dress that his mother brought him only to have his father see it on him and beat him till he lost consciousness. He clenched his fist in anger, and he wished he hadn't killed the old man quickly; he was supposed to make his pain slowly by bringing him to the brink of death, then deny him. Well, his bone was thrown into the passing stream. Nadazhda felt the nostalgic emotion then quickly flashed to the fury that wasn't hers in her, and she stopped and looked at her mate, who looked deep in thought with a firm jaw; she held him to ease him from the pain he was bolted in, even though she didn't know what to do but she hoped this could comfort him and Zaccheus smiled at his mate.

They held each other hand and walked side to side, stopping at the barn. Zeke trailed behind them while Rina sat on his shoulder, which displeased him.

Nadazhda left her mate and ran to where the horses were while staring at them in wonder before stopping where an enormous black regal horse stood on his reign. "This one," she pointed, to which her mate nodded.

"That's Xino, a rare breed of horse. It was a gift from my mother when I was young," he said while Nadazhda stared at him dumbfounded.

"Don't tell me this horse," She gulped with widened eyes while pointing at the horse, "Is also a grandpa like you?" she asked, "How possible?" she asked again in disbelief.

Zaccheus chuckled lightly at his mate's attics, "It has my blood in it. That's why he's still alive," he explained, "And my mom bound him to me by magic. My mom was a white witch."

"Okay," She nodded and took some steps to the horse before patting him softly, and Zeke exclaimed loudly.

"See," he pointed an accusing finger to the horse, "he's a betrayal; he never let me near him talk less of patting," he muttered, eying the Xino.