Epilogue

Epilogue

2400 Kaobu realm

"Mom, I'm out," she hollered, slinging her school bag as she waved at her mother at the entrance.

"Awwwww, my baby," her mother wiped the tears on her face dramatically with a kerchief.

"Hng!" she groaned, "mom, I'm not going to war," she stated, "I'm going to school, S C H O O L," she spelt out as her mum nodded in understanding.

"This is the first time you are leaving to stay alone."

"I know," her shoulders slumped, "You'll make me emotional now," her voice already trembling as tears found their way to her eyes.

This was another stage in her life; without her overprotective and caring mother, she would be alone on the big campus by herself. She hoped to explore and have more experience, which was why she decided to study history.

"Nada!" her mother called as she whipped her head to the back before entering the school gate, "Fighting!" She grinned back, lifting her elbow to return the morale.

Her mother watched her entering the dormitory block before turning and looking at the gloomy sky, "I wish you a good life," and puff, the woman disappeared.

Nadazhda had dropped her luggage in her assigned room and went to class early, wanting to sit in the front row beside the window. She hurried to class, hugging her books on her chest as she studied the map to get to her class. The school was gigantic.

When she got to her faculty, she submitted her slip to the head department before going to her class. Getting to the door, she closed her eyes and sighed deeply as she entered. She beamed excitedly, seeing the seat she pictured in her mind was vacant or the class was empty.

She hurried to her seat, placed her books on the table and got comfortable on the chair as she felt a splitting headache. She clicked her tongue, rubbing her temple while using her other hand to rummage into her bag to take her medicine. She had been fighting with severe migraine since when she was a kid, she grunted in pain when she couldn't see it and decided to close her eyes. Maybe it could relieve her a little, drifting into her favourite childhood memories.

***

"Grandma, what later happened," little Nada clung to her grandmother's hem, whining to her to continue her story as the older woman sighed in approval.

"How many times do I've to narrate it to you?" grandma murmured begrudgingly as she switched off the light and on the candle to set the mood.

The little girl beamed excitedly and plopped on her bed as she wrapped the blanket around her small frame.

"Ready?"

"Ready as ever," she grinned.

"After the queen died from blood poisoning, the King went on a rampage and burnt everything within the vicinity, uncared of his subjects or comrades who got caught in the blazing fire."

"Grandma," she interrupted, her face scrunched in question, "What of sir Alec? I thought he was supposed -"

Her grandmother flickered her inquisitive nose, "how many times have you asked this question," the grandma rubbed her chin, "Alec has gone to the underworld to bring an antidote."

"Oh!" she exclaimed, "What of the Queen's body?"

"That-" the grandmother paused, her brows curved in deep thought, "some said she turned into ashes immediately, while some said the King died with her after seven days."

"True love," the little girl awed in delight.

"But the more authentic is, the King's wolf - Ryl, disappeared immediately after the mate bond broke while Ryk- the vampire crushed, and Ryn - the demon, was taken away by the idle grandfather to the pit of hell." the grandma explained.

"Is Ryn still alive,"

"It was said he was shackled with the ninety-nine chains to keep him from going berserk again.

" Awwwww, I pitied him," the little girl muttered, pouting, "how I wish I existed there to relieve him of the pain," she mumbled, a yawn escaping her mouth.

"haha," the grandmother laughed awkwardly, standing from her seat and pecking the little girl's forehead.

"Sleep tight,"

***

"Nadazhda! Please don't leave me," the voice rang in her head as she whipped her head to the scene in front of her. A giant man knelt on the ground, his body trembling as choking cries escaped the man's lip, cradling a woman in his arms as blue flame surrounded them. Even though she stood on her toes, Nadazhda couldn't see the woman's face clearly.

She groaned, feeling emotional as she walked forward to comfort the man. She got there and opened her arms as she wrapped her arms around the man.

"It's okay, everything will be alright," she whispered to the man as her voice croaked in her throat.

The man's head whipped to her, yet his eyes weren't on her as his eyes shone with tears. He gasped for air, "Nadazhda, is that you?" the voice was deep yet small, dripping with hope.

Nada was shocked. Did he see her or not? Did he sense her? Nada gulped, clearing her throat, "I'm here, home." the words came out of her mouth unconsciously; she didn't know why the words were blurted out.

Nada closed her eyes, feeling the image getting hazy, as she tilted her head before she heard some noises in the background.

Nada's eyes fluttered open as she instinctively wiped the side of her mouth whether she drooled. Students filled the room as they chatted, laughed and hollered. This was the first time she'd had that dream.

Who was the man?

Did her mind conjure the childhood story?

She rubbed her head, feeling it throb more. She didn't think she could take today's class. She stood from her seat wobbly, clutching her handbag as she packed her books.

She shook her head, feeling darkness clouding her eyes. Nada slipped from her desk and walked to the door. As she placed her hand on the knob, she felt tingles and goosebumps in her body as she rubbed her arms.

Nada closed her eyes, sighing tiredly as she opened the door to go out, missing a footing, making her miss a step as she collided with a wall.

She was preparing to hit her forehead with the wall, but surprisingly the wall was warm and comfy. She inhaled deeply, feeling all her headaches vanish away.

"Ooooo!'' The noises that came from her back, which was the class, made her open her eyes only to be face to face with the man she saw in her dream.

Her eyes widened in surprise, and she was flabbergasted as her face was in the shade of rouge.

"Careful, M'lady," His voice was deep, rough and well-enunciated, different from the weak voice in her dream.

She gulped, feeling herself getting lost in the blue orbs of his, "Tha-nk you," she stuttered, pulling away from the man and sprinting away with her splitting head (the headache came rushing back after detaching herself from the man) and not hearing what the man had to say.

.

.

.

The END

Thank you so much for reading my book.

I love you all, meet you next year with another book.

Follow on Instagram and tiktok @um_royhan for latest updates

Thank you for reading ♥