Twenty Three

Twenty-three

Zaccheus and Nadazhda walked out of the castle with him holding her hand affectionately. The moon was bright to its fullest as the stars complemented the beauty of the moon. The breeze blew its wind gently, making her rub her shoulder to keep her warm. Zaccheus noticed this and removed his coat before putting it on her. Nadazhda drowned in his jacket as his scent assaulted her buttoned nose. She closed her eyes and sighed satisfactorily because she felt warm and comfortable.

When Zaccheus saw her snuggle his jacket, his face beamed happily before they continued their journey to the woods. The rustling of the leaves was soothing as the dry leaves crackling made her giggle.

"Where are we going?" Nadazhda asked again while she tried to touch a beautiful leaf to feel the texture, but he swatted her hand gently, and she stared at him for an explanation.

"These leaves were beautiful yet dangerously poisonous; just a touch, the person is turning into a Lumad*, a beast that the witches use for their dirty work," he explained.

"Then why is it so beautiful?"

"To attract, to lure people into touching it as nectars attract butterflies."

"Okay," she found her nodding her head.

"Then why is it all around this place?"

"Because the young sprouts are medicine to cure all kinds of poisons."

"Are Lumad also supernatural creatures?"

He laughed, "they are stuck between human and supernatural. There are neither alive nor dead."

"But..." he tapped her nose gently while she wrinkled her nose.

"You are too inquisitive little mate," she grumbled and pouted, "but I'm not little mate," she responded while he smiled, and they fell into silence.

"We will soon be there," his voice brought her out of her thoughts as she squealed inside.

When they arrived at a certain place, there was no way. The place was blocked, but with a wave of his hand and a little mumble, the place opened and revelled a beautiful blue sea.

The blue sea was calm with serenity as the waves crawled gently to its bank. The reflection of the moon brightens the Sprankle crystals in the water. The leaves of the trees were dancing to the sounds of the cool breeze. Everything looked magical and surreal. It looked enchanting as the fireflies danced around the sea. It was breathtaking.

Zaccheus behind her and wrapped his arms around her, putting his head at the crook of her neck as his breath tickled her, "I hope you like it?" he asked slowly as he took his time nibbling her neck softly.

"It is beautiful," Nadazhda moaned softly, closing her eyes to feel the sensation only he could provide.

"Good," he chuckled, "but it's not beautiful as you," he turned her face to him as he stared at her orbs. He brought his head closer to her as she closed her eyes, expectedly to feel his warm lips on hers, only for his lips to descend on her nose, and she huffed in annoyance while he chuckled at her expression.

"Why?" she pouted while he lifted her to the ground, walking towards the shore. He sat at the shore before he set her on his thigh.

"If I kiss you, I don't think I would be able to control myself," he replied as he played with her hair.

"How do you discover this place?" Nadazhda asked curiously, putting her hand inside the water. The coldness seeped through her body.

"It has been long, maybe when I was ten years old," he knitted his brows. "Since then, I've put a spell on it so that no one can see this place because it's mine," he murmured.