Ten

Chapter 10

This chapter has some violence and rape attempts.

Nadazhda was visibly scared, but her heart told her, 'he would never hurt me. She looked at the gnashed mark on his chest, but it had already healed. Only the blood stain on him could make her realise it wasn't an illusion.

Was the bite meant for me? She thought and shuddered in fear and yet ecstasy.

She noticed him breathing softly, trying to catch his breath while a growling vibration was coming from him.

His eyes filled with disgust, ashamed of what happened. He didn't look at her. He was looking at the ground. The surrounding air was tense, and something was tugging her in her chest to do something.

Nadazhda touched his chest softly, making him raise his head; she looked at him with understanding. He didn't need to loathe himself. She liked it, and she was the one who took the initiative.

"It's Ok," she said softly.

"It's not okay!" he shook his head in denial; he was ashamed of himself, "it was meant for you," he stated disgustingly.

"You don't mean to, right?" I questioned gently, pecking him at his jaw. Even if he bit her, she would have accepted it and forgiven him.

He moved away from her like she was a plague, and her eyes momentarily went down and saw his bulge. He was clearly aroused, but she didn't want to make it awkward.

She saw the hesitation in his eyes, wanting to escape from her; his eyes continued to dart around, yet not looking at her before he blurted out, "I'm travelling tomorrow."

"What?" I asked; I was shocked.

"I have a meeting with the coven tomorrow, but I'll be back before this weekend." he tried to reassure her. she could see it in his eyes that he wanted to touch her but was holding himself back. Why?

It hurts!

He didn't want her.

No one wanted her.

He was trying to get away from me.

"Oh?" she was sad. nadazhda felt tears gathering in my eyes.

He turned abruptly and left her on the counter without looking back. Her heart was breaking as he was taking his steps. The distance between them was making her heart ache. His scent that calmed her had left, leaving her to reality. she was cold, and she felt a sense of deja vu wash over her.

Rejection!

Her heart yearned for him, she'd not known him more than some weeks ago, but now, something had shifted between them that day, he showed her his beasts. she got down from the counter, standing on her shaking legs as she walked wobbly to her room, stumbling on some things on the way.

She entered her room and felt the room's warmth, but it didn't calm her down. Nadazhda thought he enjoyed it, then why feel remorse? She wondered. she tossed around on the bed to sleep but couldn't because she could still feel his lingering emotions.

He was scared, and it was making her feel worried.

Many jumbled emotions were going inside, and it was making her restless. She needed to relieve herself and relax, so she took a paper with a pen on the table and scribbled all the messy emotions. She didn't know how to open up to people. Still, she knew how to open up the blank sheet-a form of therapy for herself.

"Bareea, what happened?" Rina asked her worriedly.

"Nothing," she choked on her tears. The rejection was too much for her to handle, "I just need some time alone," she wiped her watery nose while Rina puffed away, leaving her to her misery.