Twenty Six

Twenty-six

"Are you excited for today?" Rina asked as she arranged her dress with a complete set of shoes. Nadazhda was feeling giddy and nervous. She was eager yet scared. She'd been introduced to the supernatural world, and now she had to pledge her loyalty and embrace it.

They were her people, and they were family. They were part of her. She was their leader, the Luna, the heart of people who brought them together with love.

"You know, marking between is like an exchange of rings in the human realm. The Rings can be removed when divorce, but here, it's forever," Rina explained while fixing Nadazhda's gown.

"Marking is of two types for the royals," Destiny chirped, swaying her slender hips to the makeup kits.

"What?" she asked as she shot Rina an apologetic smile.

"The first bite, it's for clarification that both mates have accepted each other. For instance, when the King introduced his Queen to the people, blood would be exchanged. After that, his beasts would mark his mate at the ceremony to complete the ritual, then the chasing takes place," she filled in.

"Woah!" Nadazhda exclaimed, "It's too much to take in."

"And the second bite is when mating, his beasts, one by one, would stakes their claim on their mate," Zeke said, holding a little bunny with green eyes. She was transfixed with the eye colour, and there were different types of eye colour here.

"Beasts mark? Mating?" Nadazhda blushed furiously, using her hair to cover her face, not after seeing Zeke's eyes twinkling with mischief. Her thoughts were unholy.

"The first bite is the combination of his Beasts while the second bite is individual," He explained, "And..." He spoke in a singing voice. "When he's...." He wiggled his brows playfully, "Shagging you at the brick of pleas...." He was smacked by Destiny as she blushed vigorously at where her thoughts were going.

"But let me tell her the truth that... " He received another smack from Rina while he grumbled and went out, not after banging the door loudly.

"That man," Rina tsked, shaking her head as she walked around, getting all that was needed.

Rina and Destiny ushered Nadazhda to the bathtub, which was filled with warm water that had petals floating on it. The smell of jasmine and vanilla assaulted her nostrils as she felt self-conscious of her body because of the scars when Rina was stripping her clothes, "Don't be afraid to show your scars because it shows your patience, perseverance and courage to pass through whatever challenges that were thrown to you," she spoke softly in her sweet melodious voice which filled the room. Nadazhda sat inside the bathtub as Rina washed her hair gently, nearly luring her to sleep, while Destiny poured a milky substance to rub her body.

After she was bathed and finished, she was wrapped in a big towel before they sat her on a chair. Destiny worked on her hair, massaging, taming and straightening it as Rina creamed her body with a soft scented oil. "This would make your skin ton and flourish," she said when she saw her questioning gaze.

Nadazhda put on matching lacy underwear that both of them forced her to take as she shook her head, embarrassingly remembering their dirty talk.

"He won't be able to resist you," she heard Destiny's voice in her head.

"Now sit down. Let's work on your face," Destiny smiled excitedly, bringing the makeup kits forward. "I'm going to make you over that when he sees you, his Jr would forget what is called gentleman or decent," she grinned at her while closing her eyes for the painting. Nadazhda's head was directed to many places, which made her feel the world tumble as Destiny worked on her face, adding concealment, mascara, and everything. When she was through, she didn't allow her to see the mirror telling her that the mirror she should look into was Zaccheus's eyes; she nodded in agreement because the eyes never lie or deceive.

"Now to the hair," she said, as she combed her brown wavy hair, oiling it softly and massaging it. She put it in a ponytail, leaving strains beside her ears and braided it, adding shells.

"Oh my bloody goodness!" she whispered as her eyes widened comically, "You look... Oh my gosh, even the goddess is jealous of you," she stated honestly as Nadazhda blushed shyly.

They helped her with her dress. The gown was long and swept the ground, but she didn't complain because she loved it. The upper part of the dress hugged her bosom that nearly spilt them. If not for the net used to design the front, the two oranges would have fallen from the sack. From her waist downward, it was free in a flare shape. She twirled around in the dress, feeling like a regal Queen without a King. But she had a King.

Nadazhda wished he could see her now, but she knew it was impossible because it was forbidden for them to meet a day before or on the coronation day, yet he visited her last night worried about her.

"The King said you should wear this necklace," Rina brought the necklace to her. The necklace was beautiful, with the white pearls used to make it. Nadazhda wore it as she felt the coldness seep into her body opposite of the charmed stone.

She was wearing her glassy shoes when Alec came to take her to the ceremony, not after complimenting her.

Nadazhda entered the palanquin as the horses neighed before throttling away to the place. Some servant was at the front while others were following at the back.

When the palanquin arrived at the place, the trumpet was blown, announcing her arrival. The red carpet was thrown on the floor, which rolled to where she was, as Alec took her hand and held her to the ball.

She walked in elegantly without feeling an ounce of fear or nervousness because his warmth and dominance, which were emitted from him, were enough to give her courage.