Eleven

Chapter 11

Zaccheus's chest was pounding, and he felt a wave of anguish that wasn't his washing over him as he climbed the stairs to his mate's room. He entered to meet her but found her faint scent in the room as if she wasn't there for some days. He went to his room and found nothing too. His senses weren't very clear at the moment because his mate was his priority.

His beasts were urging him to let them take control, but he knew his beasts would damage everything.

He gave in to his hearing and smelling sense and inhaled his mate's scent, which was coated with unfathomable fear.

"Mate hurt," Ryk whined softly.

"If anything happens to my little Joy, I will destroy the world," Ryk, the most relaxed and calm out of the beasts, cynically said while the others nodded in agreement. Ryk was the cruellest out of the beasts. He hardly reacted, but when he did...

The scent led him to the underground dungeon where the higher criminals were kept. The temperature of the jail was cold, which made it hard for the criminals to survive.

As he took another step, another wave of fear hit him. That he nearly fell before he heard his mate scream his name.

In a flash instant, he was there; he saw the guard trying to force himself on her; Zaccheus released a threatening growl which made the guard freeze in fear. He saw his mate smile at him and then fell unconscious.

He was feeling immense pain and hurt.

His mate was hurt; she was almost dishonoured because of his recklessness.

He disgusted himself; he only hoped she would forgive him if she woke up or wanted to see him.

He released an agonising howl, the howl that made the wind to be whooshing furiously and the rain to be pouring all it might.

The King cradled his little mate in his arms; he turned to the two pale guards, "don't move!" he seethed.

In a flash of light, he took her to the bathroom and bathed her. He almost lost control when he saw some old and new marks on her body.

His beasts were fuming; all of them would pay for it. They would curse the day they were born and wished never to cross paths with him.

He changed her to his shirt and left her on the bed, not before calling Avivita to check on her.

Now to the culprit, he thought sinisterly.

His mind linked his beta Zeke to meet him in his office. The beta came in, bowing his head.

"Where is my mate?" he breathed through his nose, controlling his anger.

"My King, I think your mate escaped..." the beta said fearfully. However, he was scared and doubtful.

"How?" the King was calm. Too calm to be good. He was clenching his fist.

"I was informed that there was someone at the border that wanted to see you, and I went there to attend to the person, but by the time I arrived, she wasn't anywhere, and I and the patrols searched for her. Only to find her tattered shirt at the territory," he finished, craning his head lower to show his absolute submission.

"And you don't think to contact me?" the King raised his brow.

"I don't want to disturb your meeting because...," the king banged his fist on the table, and it cracked.

"You don't want to what?! My mate was nearly dishonoured! because of...," The king pinched his nose frustratedly, "What did the person say to you?"

"The person gave me a sealed letter and never said anything before he died on the spot," he responded.