Thirty Three

Thirty-three

"Do you find any trail or scent?" Zeccheus could hear Alec asking the trembling guards, but his mind wasn't with them.

He hoped they found the oracle so she could light up everything happening. He rubbed his temple tiredly. Oracle travelled around the world and didn't have a particular destination. It was always so hard to find her.

"No, sire Knight, everything vanishes in thin air. No traces or scents," one of them, who was bold enough, responded with a shaky voice while Alec hummed in understanding, dismissing them.

"What do you think?" Zaccheus asked, staring at the wise man even though a wise man can become a fool when everything is mixed up.

"I'm not sure," Alex thoughtfully caressed his beard, "has Zatico found her?"

"No, he didn't. She is hiding. None of her scents was picked." he responded, feeling a change in his emotions which he knew wasn't his. Sadness. What could have happened at home?

If anything made his mate cry, he would have pleasure in killing them, and immediately his mind linked Destiny worriedly, "How is she?"

"She's upstairs with Rina."

"Why is she sad," he barked at her.

"I don't want to interrupt them; it's like they are having a personal issue," she responded with a trembling voice.

"Better," he praised, "nothing must happen to her, or else your life would forfeit it even a scratch," he warned before cutting the link.

"Where could she be hiding?" Zeke wondered out.

"I have no idea," he responded, tapping his fingers on the table.

He stopped tapping the table as he opened his mouth to ask a question but closed it, shaking his head, "Have you contacted that old man?" Zaccheus asked hesitantly. The old man was a coward, not wanting to meddle with his affairs. And all these would have been caused by him if he hadn't sized his power and beasts when Zaccheus was young.

"Yea—" Alec dragged, "he said, he does not want to interfere—Because he's—" he wasn't able to finish his sentence before a bolt of thunderstruck.

"Bullshit!" The King yelled angrily, throwing the table he was tapping away in anger. "How dare him!" another bolt of thunder. "Who did he think he is?" he snarled. His eyes were golden in colour, showing his beasts were present. "I'm going to kill him with my bare hands and use his head like a freaking medal on the castle gate," his gums were itching, and fur covered his skin as his claws elongated.

"We are going to kill him," his beast's voice was deep and rough, which rang through the office. His grandfather was a pain in the ass, enjoying controlling hell and didn't want to meddle with the world affair.

"The old man is—"

"King!" he heard his gamma urgent voice in his mind, which made all his anger depreciate. He was now full of worry.

"What happened?"

"Is my mate alright!"

"Make sure you protect her!"

"If anything happens to her, I'm going to skin you alive," he threatened.

"She's okay," his gamma responded, and he sighed in relief.

"What happened?"

"It's Destiny, and she's receiving revelations."

"We are coming!" he cut the link abruptly and turned to Alec, telling him about Destiny. He ran outside, shifting into his beast as Alec tried to catch up with him.

He was greeted with the warmth of home, which was sweetened with his mate's alluring scent; when he opened the door, he smiled, but it vanished when his mate was thrown to the wall, which made him release an earthing shaking growl and every one of them knelt, craning their neck in absolute submission.

His body was angry as he ran at a vampiric speed and choked her, cutting her from her trance. Alec and others panicked when they noticed Destiny was slipping away.

Zeke knew he was stepping in a thin line when he walked slowly to the King, "She's dying."

"Yeah, that's what I want," he responded sinisterly.

"But, she can leads us to—" before Zeke could finish, he was flung away through the windows. The shattering sound of the window and Zeke groaning could be heard from outside.

He raised his hand to claw her neck when he heard a faint sound of his mate calling him, and he threw Destiny's semi-conscious body away.

Mate is safe.

Mate is safe.

Mate is not leaving.

He scooped her and buried his nose at the crook of her neck, inhaling and touching her gently, afraid to cause more pain to her injury.

Meanwhile, others scrambled on their feet, giving the King his privacy with his Queen while they carried Destiny's body away. Although, Destiny was not aware of what was happening around her because her senses were away from the world. She was tucked under the duvet by her siblings as they cast a worried look at Alec.

"Will she be okay?" Fate asked while Time scouted away from the bed, lost in a daze.

"She will be, but it can take time to regenerate because an external energy abruptly cut off her soul and mind," he explained. They really needed her alive because she was the only one who could lead them to her.

"Destiny," his mate asked him worriedly, staring at the place where she stood.

"She's fine," he bit out, and he was relieved when he heard his mate sigh.

Zaccheus scooped her in his arm gently, not wanting to touch her injured head and carried her to their bedroom at a long speed but not to give her any discomfort. He went to the bathroom and brought a wet towel to clean her blood before he used his tongue to heal it.

He stood up to change his blooded shirt, he was held back by his mate's pleading eyes. "Please don't leave me," he heard in his mind.

He smiled softly and got in bed with her, spooning her from behind and kissing her forehead.

Thank you for reading ♥