Twenty

Twenty

Nadazhda stood anxiously shocked and awed from where she waS because her gaze was transfixed on their glowing eyes. They knelt before her, yet their heads were raised as they stared deep into her eyes as if searching for her deepest secrets. She felt edgy and scouted closer to Zaccheus for protection and comfort because she knew he was the only one who could provide it.

"She's the Queen of all!" they proclaimed in unison as their voice was like they were in some hypnosis. "She has arrived, and the prophecy is coming true. The prophecy begins with her and shall end with her. She either becomes a bane or boon for the realm because it has been written in her destiny, the time is inevitable, and the fate is concealed. So we, three siblings of circumstances, have pledged our loyalties to you. To protect and serve you with our lives." the glowing of their eyes faded away as the actual colour of their eyes returned. They smiled reassuring at her and nodded to Zaccheus in acknowledgement.

Nadazhda didn't understand what they were saying, yet she felt they were talking about her, but she wasn't a princess or queen.

Zaccheus rubbed her back soothingly to ease her tensed form. Why did they need to pledge to her? What prophecy? What does it mean it started from her? A Series of unanswered questions were running through her head, making her head pound with questions.

"It's okay, dear. Everything will be resolved," Zaccheus said softly as he took her arm gently, guiding her to his seat beside the man she knew was either Sir Knight or Alec.

Nadazhda sat down edgy in between his legs on the chair as she used her hands to rub her shoulder nervously. She looked at them, expectedly waiting for an explanation. Meanwhile, Zaccheus turned to Alec and nodded his head for him to begin.

"I know you feel that this place is not normal?" Alec asked while she nodded her head.

"True, this is a supernatural world." he looked at her watching her reactions, but when he noticed no response from her, he smiled.

"We have many species of creatures in this world, and their habitat, their home, which is known as realm here."

"OK," she replied meekly.

"We have humans, wolves, demons, witches, elves, vampires, mermaids... And so on."

"You mean mermaids exist?" Nadazhda asked excitedly while he nodded his head, confirming her assumption.

"There are many creatures created by the Supreme. The Supreme, who's never seen or heard, created everything and handled the world to his three subordinates."

Nadazhda chewed on her teeth absent-minded as she heard Zaccheus growl before he used his hand to remove her bruised lips from her teeth.

"The world was in chaos, supernatural were killing one another, and humans were used as enslaved persons and food. The three subordinates were disheartened by their failure and decided to divide the world into three- the Azebu (immortal realm), Kaobu (human realm) and Ishbu (the dead territory). Nyx took control of the human (Kaobu), and Selena took control of the supernatural (Azebu). In contrast, Iris took control of the dead (Ishbu)." she rested her head on Zaccheus's chest, feeling the beating of his heart soothing and easing her worries as she looked at Alec to continue.

"During the time of the chaos, an unheard hybrid was born, the son of Selena, which was said to be a result of her adultery with Nyx's lover. Nyx's lover was Hades (a demon), while Selena was a white witch. Selena gave birth to her son in secrecy, but the rumour got to Nyx, and she cursed Selena's son with a wolf. When the child was born, his power had not manifested, making him a human until he clocked twenty years," he caressed his beard slowly as his eyes sought her curious own.

"Before he clocked twenty years, he had a human lover he loved with everything. His power was overbearing, and he sought out his lover when he heard his people were after his blood and power. His blood tends to have healing particles. Upon getting to his lover's village, the village had been burnt down by the dark witches and his people. Then his lover had been taken as a hostage in exchange for his power." Nadazhda was eager for what happened next that she mistakenly bumped her hand on a frame on Zaccheus's wooden table. As she wanted to bend down to pick it up, Zaccheus stopped her. "it's not important,"

"The witches tortured and played with her mind to the brick of death. The dark witches knew no one could kill the man except his lover."

"What happened next? I hope she didn't kill him?" she asked frantically, worried about what had happened in the past.

He smiled sadly, confirming her fear. If she killed her lover, then what happened to her? When is she?!. A lone tear escaped her eyes as she felt the pain in her heart.

"When the lover killed him, the human regained her senses and cursed the royal descendant because they were the ones who gave the order to the dark witches. Since then, every royal family has had a curse to pass down, but no one believes it because none of the royals had the curse until the King was born."

"The prophecy came to life, and now, you have to fulfil her dreams," he added, staring at her stained cheeks.

"Don't fret, my dear, for nothing is coming to you because you have all of us."

"Can I know the prophecy?" she asked, gut feeling that it was all centred on her.

"Okay, if you want to," he said, smiling softly while she nodded her head

“A King will be given birth to.

The King of Kings.

The King shall be mighty, so powerful that no man could conquer.

Except for his mate, who would be from another realm.

An abomination!

A curse!

He shall be a demon, vampire, wolf and an elemental witch.

The wolf shall be bigger than any normal wolf.

The day shall change to night, and the moon shall be bright to the fullest—eclipse of the sun.

He shall howl to the moon; the howl would be deep and shall hold so much power to which everyone would bow.

The beasts shall be unleashed.

The beasts that no one could tame except his mate.

A beast, his thirst could never be quenched.

Many would die; many would die! He would take revenge till he destroyed the whole lineage. He would destroy!

His mate shall either be a blessing or a curse.

Trust no one.

Believe no one.

Their kind shall betray them.

Let him protect his mate because she could be the cause of his death and the entire realm».

"So..." she trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"You are our Queen because you are his mate, his salvation, his only hope and ours."