Raymond felt like he'd been hit on the head with a hammer.

"No way? Substances causing diseases in that river?"

A substance causing thyroid storms! It defied medical common sense. No medical knowledge mentioned such a substance. However, one fact popped into Raymond's mind.

"No. There is one possible scenario: endocrine-disrupting substances—environmental hormones!"

Environmental hormones, synthetic toxic substances produced as byproducts of chemical synthesis.

When entering the body, they disrupt the hormonal system.

Examples include dioxins and DDT.

'Of course, I've never heard of such a potent disruptor causing a thyroid storm. But here, in Leifentina, who knows.'

Endocrine disruptors are also generated in Leifentina.

By magic!

'Alchemy, a high-risk magic involving various reagents, crafting magical items, mana refinement—these activities often yield toxic substances.'

Magic manipulates reality using mana, so byproducts and toxic substances are commonplace.

The range of substances is extensive, and, in some instances, extremely toxic materials could be produced, potentially leading to thyroid storms.

'I need to investigate!'

He observed that the Hail River flowed through the Ranson Realm where he currently was.

Raymond immediately made his way to the Hail River.

However, with the naked eye, he couldn't discern anything unusual.

He needed to dispatch a sample to the mage tower for precise analysis.

Despite this, Raymond shook his head.

'When will the results be available?'

It would take at least seven days to receive the results, and time was of the essence.

"I'll check it myself! Purchase skill!"

[Purchased the magic skill 'Mana Detection'!]

[Cost: 150 skill points!]

[Mana Detection]

[Category: Support Skill (Magic)

Magic Grade: Standard

Proficiency: D

- Can detect mana!

- As proficiency increases, more skilled detection becomes possible!]

'The endocrine disruptors in Leifentina are primarily magic byproducts, so they must contain mana!'

Raymond promptly applied his magical prowess.

His vision transformed as if he had donned special glasses.

The world turned colorless, with only mana-containing substances radiating in a tangible manner.

And then he was taken aback.

Flash.

Deep, dark hues flickered along the river, akin to the blood glow of a blade.

It was a mana-laden endocrine disruptor.

He had finally discovered the cause of the disease.

***