Chapter 173

'Is this my limit?'

Raymond bit his lip in frustration.

Doctors are not gods.

Even in the birthplace of medicine on modern Earth, there are plenty of diseases that remain unsolved.

The world's top experts often can't figure them out.

Now, he was just at the level of a specialist.

So he might encounter diseases that he can't solve.

But then...

"Master, what are you doing here?"

"Ah, apprentice."

It was Christine.

She looked at Raymond with a worried expression.

"...I was just taking a breather."

Raymond was about to sigh but held it back.

Everyone was relying on him. He couldn't show signs of despair.

Seeing his demeanor, Christine spoke with a heavy voice.

"...One more patient has died. There are also patients with impending arrests."

It was a harrowing update.

As Raymond bit his lip, Christine cautiously pressed forward.

"What if we prioritize evacuating the citizens?"

"...!"

Raymond's gaze remained fixed.

Prioritizing the evacuation of citizens.

'It's not an inherently flawed plan, but what about those already infected patients?'

The likelihood of their survival was grim.

Moreover, evacuating the citizens didn't ensure the halt of the disease's spread.

Christine acknowledged these issues, yet she proposed the evacuation due to the urgency of the situation.

"I'll consider it further."

Raymond pondered desperately.

'Come on, Raymond! If I can't find a solution, those patients won't make it. It's not the time for weakness. I must devise a plan.'

Observing Raymond's intense contemplation, Christine bit her lip.

'Find a solution. Maybe there's some way I can help.'

However, neither Raymond nor Christine could conceive any ideas.

Even though Raymond had activated his "Physician's Judgment" skill, boosting his intelligence by 5 points, no solutions presented themselves.

'I wish I could use the advanced diagnostic tools from modern Earth. CT, MRI, PET, and all the other diagnostic equipment. None of them are available. Right now, I can only rely on the patients' symptoms and basic physical examinations to figure everything out. It's really frustrating.'

Raymond wished he had more clues to work with. He wondered if there were any means of conducting further tests.

'The clues are just too limited. How can I have more tools for examinations?'

Raymond opened the market in hopes of finding something useful but ended up disappointed.

While there were various magical items, none of them seemed particularly helpful in the current situation.

Just as he was about to close the market, he spotted a particular skill.

'What's this?'

[Forensic Science]