𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 40

" HE'S BACK IN TOWN."

Miles answered with a emotionless laugh as [Y/n's] brows furrowed in utter shock.

" What the actual fuck are you talking about ? " She asked—heart thumping.

" I'm answering your questions. That's what you wanted. Right ? "

" Are you fuckin' with me ? "

[Y/n] replied—annoyed at the lack of responsiveness from Miles.

" No. Unfortunately. "

" What do you mean that the man that killed Jefferson is back in town ? " She reformulated as felt het heart pound from the news.

" I don't think you can handle what I'm about to say to you."

Miles admitted as he took her smaller hand in his larger ones—a firm wave of guilt and pity washing over him.

" I don't care anymore. I'm done with this hide and seek shit."

[Y/n] responded—not really giving a fuck if she were to regret it later on.

" Listen." Miles heaved as his hazel irises analyzed every little adoring details of her face.

" Don't let this information change anything between us." He mumbled while leaning in to peck her cheek.

" Y'know you can be vulnerable and truthful with me, Miles."

She spoke as hopeful smile bloomed his features. 

Fuck. Sometimes she wondered just how in love she was with him.

" [Y/n]. "

" Yes ? "

" The person that killed him was your father." He disclosed—capturing the painful way [Y/n's] irises grew with a gaping jaw.

" Huh ? "

—She managed to mutter as her eyes fluttered uncontrollably. The palm on  Miles' face becoming clammy.

" F- for how long did you know about this ? " The young woman questioned with a feeble voice—flashbacks of the night her father left them resurfacing her brain.

" A few months." Miles answered as a silence settled in as while he wrapped his arms around [Y/n] who sat quietly in thought. In denial.

The realization of betrayal stabbing her heart.

" N-no no no no. How and why would he do such a thing !? You have to be fucking with me right now."

A flood of tears gushed down [Y/n's] cheeks." This is so fucked up."

The sounds of wailing echoed through the house all the while Miles removed his girlfriend's tears, so much that her eyes were red and swollen.

" Did you ever... hate me because of him ? " [Y/n] asked as she suddenly felt unimaginable anger.

" I could never hate you."