𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 20

[Y/N] WOKE UP to the sounds of birds chirping and the sunlight illuminating her room—left side of the bed empty.

She stretched herself and sat on the bed—looking around to see her ex was nowhere to be seen.

" Where is he ? "

[Y/n] mumbled—slightly disappointed at the fact she didn't wake up with the sight of him as she got out of bed.

As soon as the young woman finished her morning routine, she changed  into a pair of comfortable clothing, walking down stairs in order to get something to eat.

While [Y/n] quietly stepped down the stairs, she heard hushed voices in the kitchen—ones that she recognized all to well.

Miles and her mother.

She immediately halted and hid near the staircase—keeping an eye on to the unexpected duo's conversation.

" Take the eggs out of the fridge." The older woman demanded as she heat up the stove—her tone more serene compared to yesterday night.

" Sí, señora." The young man replied as he complied—struggling a little to bend down from his patched wounds.

[Y/n] took a peek—noticing they were making breakfast, a smile carving her face at the wholesome scene.

" How's Rio ? " Miss [L/n] questioned as she cracked the eggs open—Miles taking out the plates from the drawer to help out.

" She's holdin' up."

He replied while leaning against the kitchen counter—watching [Y/n's] mother cook.

" Hmmm. I hope you ain't stressin' her out." The woman spared him a glance as he chuckled lightly.

" Nah."

" Good." [Y/n's] mother replied." She's a very strong woman and I admire it."

The woman explained as she adjusted her e̶x̶-̶h̶u̶s̶b̶a̶n̶d̶'̶s̶  Miles' loose blouse that she gave him—wich suited him  perfectly.

" So make sure she's well taken care of." She sighed—looking at the young man in the eye as he nodded.

" Movin' on, I called you to talk about my daughter." [Y/n's] mother recalled as faint goosebumps appeared on both the young adults skin.

" Listen I know you care about [Y/n], I can see it in your eyes when you look at her."

The woman confessed as she chopped some vegetables—Miles' carefully listening to her.

" I know everyone has their issues but I need you to prove me that you won't ever break her heart again." She said- almost pleadingly as Miles' and [Y/n] stood quiet.

" I don't know exactly what happened that night but since then—it deeply affected my daughter."

" She even considered taking you back multiple times, but I stopped her."

The older woman confessed as she
turned around and locked irises with the young man.

" So, tell me. What're your feelings towards my daughter ? "

She asked.

Miles breathed—an authentic facial expression on his face as he gazed at the mother of the girl of his dreams.

" I can't even explain- I think I love- "

" Good morning ! "

[Y/n] interrupted—startling the duo as they simultaneously jolted & turned around.