41|THE LADY IN RED

Start from the beginning

Zithu:
Buhlebendalo.

Me:
Don't worry, I know a few single ladies that want themselves a lazy twenty one year old. I'll hook you up.

Zithu:
I'm hanging up now.

Me:
Ha eh, wai-

Zithu:
Ngiyakuthanda, bye.

Me:
Nami ngiyakuthanda kodwa ima!

That bastard hung up on me. A smile pulls onto my lips, I placey phone away, feeling a bit much better.

The door opens and then closes. There goes my smile. "O-Olwethu" I ignore him- wait, is he drunk?!

I look up, his eyes a slightly red and he has an empty bottle of Don Julio in his hand. He's definitely drunk.

"I'm sorry" He slurs and I look away. He takes a step closer to me. "Please look at me" He hiccups and it takes all my strength not to look at him.

"I told you to stay away from me... Please" I sigh. "I can't do that" He mutters, placing the bottle down and sitting on the bed.

"Why not? huh? There's trouble whenever we're together, maybe we're not meant to be together. I can't stay here anymore. I'm sorry" I croak out the last part.

"Don't leave" He looks into my eyes. "Give me a reason why I shouldn't leave. Why should I stay?" I challenge.

"Cause I love you " He breathes out. "W-What?" I choke on my own spit. He can't be serious, he's drunk!"I love you Olw-" I cut him off.

"No no no. Stop it, please just stop. Melokuhle I-We- you're drunk. I don't want to talk about any of that, please. You do not love me" I slowly say.

"I know what I feel for you, you just don't want to accept it... I love you Olwethu, I really do" He groans.

"Stop saying that" I clear my throat. "Angikwazi ukuthanda umuntu wami ngokuthula manje?" He mutters.

"Go bath, you reak of alcohol" I scrunch my face up and he walks into the bathroom.

*

"Olwethu" He calls out just as my eyes start to close. "ufunani?" I ask, annoyed. Uyazi ukuthi umuhle kanjani?" He whistles and I refuse the urge to blush.

"You're still sleeping on the couch" I say and he groans. "Kodwa umuhle Ngelosi yami" I choose to ignore him this time.

"Okay ke, ngiyakuthanda" He adds and I remain silent. "MaNkosi, Ngithe ngiyakuthanda"

"I heard you" I hiss in respond. "Ngi-" i cut him off. "Lala Melokuhle!".

*

My eyes flutter open when the pain on my lower abdomen gets too much. I reluctantly get up to use the bathroom.

I think I was poisoned here- oh never mind, It's the lady in red, she's here for her monthly visit.

Now of all times mara?!

I open my toiletry bag, how coukd I be so careless. Ngenzeni manje?! Nx. "Olwethu" there's a knock on the door.

"Yini?" Why the hell is he up at this time?. "I can hear you complaining from all the way in my sleep, are you okay?"

Unamanga lowo. Lelo sofa lidlalisa iqolo lakhe. Ufuna ukulala embhedeni "Ngiyeke, angikho emoyeni walombhedo wakho njengamanje"

The other end is silent and I'm now just lying on the tiles to ease the pain, I do the exact opposite of what I'm supposed to do. The cooling sensation makes me not want to take a shit Hawu.

There's a knock on the door after thirty minutes. "Ngingakusiza bhuti?" I ask frustrated. I'm waiting for Sne or Lihle to wake up right now, they're my only hope.

"Open the door" He simply says and I refuse. "Please" He adds and I unlock it and lie back down on the floor.

"Mii" He hands me a plastic bag. I shoot him a questioning look before grabbing it. "What is it?"

I peak inside, my eyes widen. "The other one's ontop of the bed together with your food" I start sniffing.

"Ukhalelani manje?" He frowns. "I'm not crying. Get out" He leaves and I wipe my tears Before they can fall.

He needs to give my heart a break, it's starting to ache. I breathe in before fixing myself and walking back into the room.

I get ontop of the bed and turn my body, facing the other direction from him. I don't want to argue today m, I'm in pain and if he tries anything I'll stab him.

"Are you okay now?" He asks and I just nod not trusting myself with any words. I hear him placing the plastic bags on the couch before getting into bed.

He pulls me closer, slips his hand into my shirt and places his palm on my abdomen. I flinch before composing myself.

He places a kiss onto my shoulder and in a few moments I can hear his soft snores.

Men will be the death of us I'm telling you.