Chapter 96 - 『Haven't I Given Enough?』

Začít od začátku

Sharp rocks shot through the monster's face and body, some successful in piercing the foul and decaying flesh, and some rocks broke because of the thick skin.

Cale discreetly coughs before turning to Jin Ling.

He immediately carried the already crying infant in his arms as he backed away, thinking of some way for him to run away.

"A...ahaaaa...haha...Jiang...shuai...zun...scared...?"

Who wouldn't be scared when faced with a monstrosity like it?

Just before it could run to him and attack, a sword glinted gold across the room and sliced off the monster's head.

It was Suihua, a sword belonging to Jin Zixuan.

Said man stands in front of him injured and marred as if he was in a night hunt full of demons.

"...A...Xun...take...Ling...away..." Said Jin Zixuan in a hoarse voice.

Now that Cale had looked at him clearly, there are purplish hues of bruise marring his neck and a trail of blood dripping from his mouth.

Cale knew then that it just tried to crush Jin Zixuan's throat.

The monster stood up again, the head beside its feet laughing eerily.

"Xuan...Zi...Xuan..."

Before Jin Zixuan could run and attack the monster, Cale stopped him.

When Jin Zixuan was about to ask why he hadn't ran away yet, a strong force of wind erupted from where the monster is standing.

Cale coughs the blood he's forcefully trying to swallow then, out of fear of making Jin Ling cry who was currently in his arms.

"I'm not...I'm not leaving...without you..."

He does not want Jin Ling to grow up without parents. It's already bad enough that his mother is not with him, so Cale does not have the courage to face the child if he took his father away from him too.

Jin Zixuan was too tired to argue, so he just let himself fall against the redhead and leaned in his small frame.

Just this time, he will lean on him and never again. Instead, he will be the one to be there when the redhead needs somebody to lean on.

"Xiao Wang!"

In a split second, he appeared and scooped the already unconscious Jin Zixuan in his arms.

If it were Cale, he would've already activated a teleportation talisman. But he also only found that he already ran out of said talisman.

And he can't draw an array considering they'd be dead already if not for him using his wind ancient power.

So the only option is to run, by using more of his ancient power.

When all of them ran away from the rampaging monster, Cale couldn't help but falter considering that it must have been hitting the barrier with all its might.

"Caleㅡ!"

There was a hand that covered his mouth, the voice coming from a woman could be heard beside his ear.

"Sshhh."

It was Madam Jin.

"Jiangshuai-zun, please take care of them."

Cale looks at her with wide eyes, his pupils shaking in dread.

No...no no no no!

"No! Please! Madam Yu wouldㅡ!"

Before Cale could let out another series of protest, Madam Jin patted his head similar to the way Madam Yu would, making the redhead clamor more.

"Please, I will give you all my trust for this favor."

"Madamㅡ!"

Unbeknownst to him, the woman pushed him atop of an array that was newly drawn, making Cale wonder how long she had been planning this.

Before Cale could yell at her again, he sees Madam Jin mouth the words he had not expected to hear from her.

"Be careful of Jin Guangyao."

The next moment Cale opens his eyes, he sees Sect Leader Jiang, Madam Yu, Xiao Xingchen and Xue Yang running to him when they saw blood on him.

Cale found it hard to breath, he gasped for air as the unexpected death of Jin Zixuan's mother dawned on him.

He clutched the crying child tightly in his chest as if to shield him from his dangerous emotions.

He then utters the name they had least expect to hear from him.

"...Jin...Guangyao!"

He's had enough.