Chapter 92: The hint

Start from the beginning

His declaration warmed my chest and I broke into a shy smile, my fingers trailed his chiseled face and brought him closer so I could put my lips onto his.

The kiss was chaste and soundless but I wanted to answer in the most platonic way.

As mainly, lust was that one thing binding me to him.

At some point, we ended up in his bed, cuddling. I'd be on top of him or he'd be crushing me, again, we went back and forth with the hugs and the kisses, the time passed as we childishly tried to steal each other's attention. However, the fun, harmless show of affection came to an end as he told me that Eos was back.

"Your uncle said he wanted to see you when you had a bit of time."

I nodded as I was reluctant to release him.

I wrapped my legs over his waist with only centimeters separating our faces.

"I need to go back to work."

I kissed his nose without answering. What could I say? Nothing could hold him back and I wasn't a brat who didn't understand the role of an alpha for his pack.

He was mine but only part time, I didn't like it but I will play the mature girl.

He got up anyway, bringing my lower body with him, I was almost upside down but he delicately entangled himself from my snake like legs.

"Serah, you should go to Eos too, he came from Ice Moon and there should be information you had been waiting for."

I sighed. I wasn't convinced, nobody tells me anything and my family members were the most secretive ones.

I rolled in his sheets to get the last bit of scent he left behind.

I heard growl in the background muttering nonsense but I could feel that he was satisfied with my behavior.

I could confirm with the weight that was crushing me now.

"Don't do that, I need to go back to work."

He pleaded, showering my face with kisses. I smiled against his lips appreciating the effect I had on him and I dove my hand in his sandy hair.

"Then don't."

This time, he forced open my mouth so that our tongue could have a bit more of a conversation. I tried to make it hot but he broke away abruptly.

"Serah I need to go now and I can feel Eos close to the door now."

I sighed again.

I got up, my clothes were wrinkled with all the aggressive cuddling and I smelt like a man. Whatever, my uncle knew about us and we didn't do anything worth calling dirty so I should be fine.

Jay was ready to exit but he paused before going and turned towards me.

His hand in his blond hair and his blue twinkling.

"Serah, next weekend, there is a party. Like, you know, like for mates and young wofl that came of age."

I nodded.

"I'll go with you, there is no debate."

I smiled but I felt a rush of anxiety, I looked at him confused.

"You know, it's not like any other party, this one is kind of like the ritual passages of unmarked mates. Like I'm asking you if you are willing to go there to seal our mateship."

I smiled, not really understanding what he wanted, was he asking me to marry him in his language, if he did, where is the ring and the pose on his knee.

Anyway, I'd agree, we were bound together for a forever until we die so today or tomorrow wasn't going to change.

I acquiesced and he smiled shyly until he disappeared in the corridor. He was no longer here but I could feel his joy in wifi.

My mind was about to drift until I remembered Eos.

I sighed for the third time and he broke into the room asif he was at home.

"What happened to Jay, he was singing happily in the stairs."

I brought my hair together into a bun and faced the intruder.

"I said I'd let him mark me next week."

Eos was shocked. His mouth played an o shape and without a word. He came next to me and sat on the bed.

"I guess you are growing up."

We both smiled and he hugged me sideways.

We could have had our moment but Eos was here and he wanted the details he missed when he was away.

"So what did that bastard say to you?"

Long story short, I told him everything I had to say. From meeting that man and all the crap that came with it, even the papers Jenna managed to retrieve.

I was about to tell the rest but he started sniffing me like a dog.

I thought it was because of Jay but right now he looked too serious for that.

"Eos what's wrong?"

He looked at me, mirroring my confusion.

"Serah what did you do? How did you change your body's natural composition?"

His words made no sense, but his worry was contagious and there was nothing I could think of to why he was panicked.

Well maybe I had a hint.