71. "I made him pay the price for hurting my husband-to-be."

(3119 words)

Blayze's white shirt soaked up and became red with his blood in seconds. I felt paralysed, as if my heart would stop beating too. My shaking hands tried compressing the area he was bleeding from. I could feel his breathing become weaker and weaker.

People began to gather around, but no one made a move to help. I felt like my head was spinning. My brain and body felt dysfunctional. Then I realised that I couldn't just lose him like that. I had to do something.

"Please help!" I called to the people around. "Please call an ambulance!"

"I did. It will be here anytime soon." A man replied. I nodded gratefully to him, holding Blayze close to me. "Please hang on. Don't leave me, Blayze. Please don't." I begged in his ear, as tears flowed down my cheeks.

A lady handed me her scarf so I could press it on Blayze's wound to keep him from bleeding anymore. Every passing second felt like a nightmare. I felt my own pulse growing weaker with his, as I desperately clutched on to his limp body.

The minutes passed agonisingly slow, and then, the ambulance finally arrived. Blayze was laid on the stretcher and lifted into the ambulance. I climbed in as well, watching the paramedics give him necessary medical attention.

I sat in a corner, crying, letting the paramedics do what they needed to. How did that happen? Everything was so perfect one moment, and the next moment, my whole world turned upside down. What would I do without him? How would I survive without him? He was the first man I ever loved. The first man I opened my heart to. The one I shared all my firsts with. I couldn't live without his smiles, his teasing smirks, his kisses, his touch, HIM. I needed him. I loved him.

"Is he... is he going to be okay?" My voice broke as I asked the paramedics.

"We need to reach the hospital soon. He's collapsing." One of them replied. My breathing faltered as I heard those words, my vision blurring for a moment.

"Please hurry." I implored as waves of dizziness washed over me.

We reached the hospital fifteen minutes later, where Blayze was rushed to the operation theatre. I sat in the waiting room with my head in my hands. I couldn't stop crying. I couldn't breathe properly. My heart felt like it would give up any second. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to be in there to hold his hand and beg him to not to leave me. But I couldn't.

A nurse walked up to me, handing me Blayze's phone and our hotel room's key card that they found in his pocket.

"Is he okay?" I asked her.

"He has been shot very close to the heart. The team is trying their best." She told me.

"Please save him." I begged.

She put a consoling hand on my shoulder. "We're doing our best."

As she left, Blayze's phone lit up with a new text message in my hand. It was Harrison, his chauffeur and right hand. I couldn't help but read the text.

We've found Ezra's location. He's staying in a small house in Paris. He probably followed you there.

The text was followed by an attached location.

I wiped my tears, looking vaguely toward the operation theatre, behind which the love of my life lay, swinging between life and death. I took my own phone out and dialled a number, putting it to my ear.

———

Leaving your windows open is one of the most stupid things you can do. Especially when you have enemies out there, looking for an opportunity to attack you. You never know when they could slip right into your house through the portal you so stupidly left open for them yourself.