27. "I might be addicted to her smart mouth."

(1054 words)

*Blayze's POV*

I stood at the door of the office that was meant for my personal assistant. It was empty. Devoid of a fiery woman that usually sat at that desk, typing away at her laptop and taking notes on her journal.

It was stupid of me to think that she would come back. The contract was over. It was finally the time she had been so desperately waiting for. To leave. Hell, it was the time I had been so eagerly waiting for. But now that her tenure at Colton Enterprises was over, I was finding myself wishing she had stayed.

I composed myself and headed to my office, ready to immerse myself in work. She was being more annoying than before now. I had only fucking kissed her. That didn't mean she should have left instantly without a trace or any notice. Did she seriously think she was being mature and sensible by ignoring my texts and calls?

Or was she expecting that I'd mope after her like some lovesick puppy? I was Blayze Colton. I didn't chase women. I didn't want women, they wanted me. A kiss didn't mean that I was head over heels for her and she could give me that nasty attitude.

Angrily pushing thoughts of her away, I typed at my laptop, completing tasks that needed to be done. That was when I heard the door push open and sighed to myself. "Miss Woods, I have told you time and again to knock."

"I—I'm sorry, sir..." the voice that spoke did not belong to her. I looked up from my laptop with a frown on my face. My eyes met light brown ones, but they didn't belong to her. The woman in front of me was almost as tall was Mihrimah, with light brown hair that didn't go past her shoulders, lips painted a pale pink, freckles on her cheeks and wearing a white blouse and black knee-length skirt.

But she wasn't her. She wasn't Mihrimah.

"Who the hell are you?" I demanded furiously.

She trembled. "I... sir, I'm your new assistant. Emma Jones."

My frown deepened. Pressing a button on my intercom, I ordered Mia to immediately report to my office. She was there within the next minute.

"Did you hire her as my assistant?" I asked her.

"Yes, Mr. Colton. She was interviewed by the HR along with a few other candidates. As you know Miss Woods' contract ended."

"Why was I not informed?" I asked, my voice coming out angry.

"I was going to, Mr. Colton—"

"But you didn't." I deadpanned, glaring at her.

"I'm sorry." She uttered.

I sighed, adjusting my tie. "Give her work. Tell her what to do. Just keep her out of my face unless necessary."

"Um... okay, Mr. Colton." Said Mia, ushering the new assistant to follow her.

I watched Miss Jones through the camera set up in her room. She was an utter disappointment. I could tell just by looking at her face that she didn't have a clue on how to perform her given tasks.

I didn't understand how the HR could hire such an incompetent person as my assistant. Turns out more than one person were destined to get fired.

The graphs and presentation that Miss Jones sent me were an utter mess, full of errors and looking like an amateur made them. After watching her mess everything up with her unprofessional and clumsy ways, I finally called her to my office.

When she entered my office without knocking again, I felt like hurling something across the room. "Miss Jones," I looked her dead in the eye. "You're fired."

She gasped, before a sullen look appeared on her face. "P-please don't fire me. I'll do better."

"Get lost." I glared at her. She looked like she was ready to cry as she left my office.

I couldn't help but hold my head in my hands. What a nuisance.

Mia was again summoned to my office and a warning was issued to the HR department that if the next assistant wasn't competent and professional, they'd all get fired.

I hated to admit it but even though Mihrimah was defiant and sassy, she was the best out of all the assistants I'd had in terms of work and professionalism. Even though she'd cross the barriers of professionalism sometimes, when it came to work everything she did was immaculate and well-put together.

I sighed in annoyance. Why couldn't I get that rude and sassy woman out of my mind? The one woman that hated me, that didn't want anything to do with me, it just had to be that one woman that was stuck in my mind.

I was not in love with her. Infatuated and intrigued? Maybe. Just because I was jealous seeing her with someone else didn't mean that I was smitten by her.

The next day, the HR found me a new assistant. Ava Rhodes. She was good, efficient with carrying out tasks and orders, yet I couldn't keep myself from comparing her with Mihrimah, and I was honestly fed up of myself at that point. I would find the slightest of excuse to think back to her.

Those annoyingly beautiful light brown eyes of hers kept flashing in my mind, how they had looked into mine with surprise after I kissed her. Her soft, sweet lips felt like they were still latched onto mine. The taste would not go away no matter how hard I tried. It lingered on my lips and in my mind.

As the days passed, everything at work went smoothly. Ava Rhodes worked tirelessly and professionally. She was good with taking orders and she never talked back. She didn't question my manners or call me out when I was rude.

And I realised that everything in my office was suddenly boring and dull. Maybe I had gotten too used to Mihrimah's bickering and her take-no-shit attitude.

I realised I was probably fucked because I might be addicted to her smart mouth.

And the taste of it.

My train of thoughts was broken by an incoming phone call. Putting the phone to my ear, I was taken aback by an unexpected proposition.

As the person on the other end spoke, a smirk crawled onto my face.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

What has Blayze smirking? 👀

Please don't forget to vote and comment.

Better chapters are on the way, trust me.