24. "Make me."

What typically happens when a female character says "make me"?

(1406 words)

Blayze and I moved to another hotel, where he booked a suite with two bedrooms. He insisted that we stayed in the same suite for safety reasons, and I didn't resist. I was utterly scared after having witnessed such a traumatising event for the first time in my life.

Blayze had vanished off to somewhere to take care of God knows what. Hopefully he wasn't holding anymore people hostage and inviting trouble.

I sat in my bedroom, contemplating everything. From the condition of our previous room to the masked man that appeared before me to the cut up hand in my suitcase that had a note attached to it that said: this will be your hand next.

I had never wronged anyone in my life. I wasn't even an influential entrepreneur with a huge corporation of my own for someone to be viewing me as an enemy and a rival.

My phone rang, interrupting my thoughts. It was mom. I swallowed to ease my nerves and cleared my throat before attending it, hoping that she won't be able to tell that I was perturbed.

"Hey, mom."

"Hi, sweetheart. You have totally forgotten us ever since you got there."

"Sorry, mom. I had a lot of work... you know I'll be back soon." I replied, biting my lip.

"Are you taking care of yourself?"

"Yes, mom."

"Don't forget to eat on time, no matter how busy you are." She advised.

I smiled. "Okay, mom. I will."

"Blayze isn't bothering you, is he?"

Nope, in fact he has become too nice with me. "Nope, mom. For the first time I realised that he can be kind and caring too."

"What? Kind and caring? How? What do you mean?" She interrogated.

I bit my lip. "Nothing special, mom. He's just not that bad..."

"Uh huh... anyway, I need to see patients now. Take care of yourself and please text your parents."

"I will, mom. You take care of yourself and dad."

Just as I hung up, a text from an unknown number came up. I freaked out for a second, but then realised it was from Carter. I had forgotten to save his number.

Hey. Do you wanna grab coffee today?

I pondered over it, and eventually decided that I could use getting out of my bedroom and having a conversation with someone. Especially since I had no work to do and staying in my room would only lead me to overthink and frighten myself even more.

I decided to wear something casual, so I settled on a black crop top and dull grey skinny jeans. Slipping into black suede boots with a two inch heel, I pulled my hair up into a messy bun and applied a lip gloss on my lips. Spritzing some perfume onto myself and giving myself a final look in the mirror, I left the suite to head to the hotel café. I had told Carter about the new hotel we were staying at, and he was good with meeting up there.

I was the first one to arrive. Sitting in my chair, I texted Aileen, as I waited for Carter, to keep my thoughts from wandering off into danger zone. I kept assuring myself that such an occurrence would never happen again, but my gut feeling said the opposite.

I needed to know what Ezra Greene wanted from me, why he considered me his enemy, and what advantage he could derive from threatening and hurting me.

"Shit, I'm sorry to keep you waiting." Carter showed up, wearing a black dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and grey pants.