2. "You are two minutes late."

(1910 words)

"Personal assistant?!" My mom screeched while dad sat in silence on the couch behind her.

"Mom, I-"

"How could you agree to that, Mihrimah? You have a degree in software engineering! And for what? To be someone's assistant?" She exclaimed. Yes, I agreed to take the position despite knowing that I would have to deal with a jerk of a boss. Realising I had to only fill in for his assistant for a couple months, I didn't find it a bad opportunity. Besides, the next company should be happy to hire me seeing me as a competitive person because if someone can deal with Blayze Colton, they can handle anything, right? Or am I far-fetching?

"Mom, calm down. It's only for a couple of months. I'll get to learn something and have experience." I tried to rationalise.

"You could've done that at A.B Enterprises too." Mom stated.

"It doesn't count if I do it at my father's company." I responded.

"You take your stubbornness from your dad." Mom commented, huffing in exasperation at the end and I almost giggled.

"Dad?" I looked at him, realising he hadn't said a word. Nervousness dwelled within me. Is dad displeased with this too? "Are you mad at me too, dad?" I asked softly, my face falling.

"Are you sure you'll be fine with working as a PA?" Dad finally spoke up.

"Yes, dad. I know it's not the position I had dreamed of, but I really want to gain some experience at Colton Enterprises." I replied, nervously chewing on my bottom lip and fiddling with my fingers.

"It'll be tough." He asserted.

"Dad, you know I'm a hard worker."

"If this is what my daughter wants, then okay." Dad's face finally broke into a warm smile after a few minutes of silence and pensiveness, seeing which, I automatically smiled too. Mom gave him a what the hell look.

He stood up and wrapped his arms around her from behind, pecking her cheek. I bit my lip to keep myself from smiling as mom blushed. "We've let her make her own decisions, right? Let her give it a try." He said to her softly and mom finally sighed, giving in.

"Fine. Just don't let him boss you around too much." Mom said. I don't think I can do that, mom. I have a feeling Blayze Colton is gonna keep me at my feet at all times and throw cold and disappointed stares at me.

"That means it's your first day at work tomorrow, Mihrimah. Go to sleep early tonight, so you're fresh in the morning." Dad said and I nodded my head happily at his words.

"Thank youuu," I gushed, throwing my arms around both of them. "Good night." Kissing both their cheeks, I retreated to my bedroom.

———

*Anastasia's POV*

"Are we going to ignore the fact that Blayze Colton has a particular reputation?" I interrogated Ethan, standing at the edge of our bed with my arms folded across my chest. "His father is a good man, but I'm not happy at all about Blayze being the CEO now."

"Blayze is quite a wise guy, Anastasia. He's great in business and—"

"In bed." I scoffed. His eyebrows shot up at my remark.

"I'm great in bed too." He said rather innocently.

"You're unbelievable, Ethan. This is our daughter's well-being we're talking about!" I exclaimed.

"How is this in any way harmful for our daughter?"

"That guy sleeps around with actresses, models, his assistants even, basically anyone with breasts and a vagina!!!"