51. "I'm more passionate about you." 🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️

(3159 words)

When I was on the verge of passing out from the smoke and the heat, someone rushed in with a fire extinguisher. All I could see was a vague silhouette.

As the flames died down, a pair of strong arms wrapped around me, a familiar perfume infiltrating my nostrils.

I was lifted off the ground, unable to see clearly and even breathe properly. My vision was hazy and my judgement vague. A kiss was pressed to my temple as I was carried out of there.

As I was placed in the backseat of a car, my eyes met those dreamy hazel ones. "Blayze?" I muttered, blinking to clear my vision, wondering if I was hallucinating.

He kissed my forehead. "It's me, sunshine. It's okay now."

I moved my head to the side, coughing again.

"Are you hurt?" He asked me.

I shook my head no.

"Are you sure? Should we go to the hospital?"

"I'm fine. We don't need to go the hospital." I gasped out.

"Harrison, we're heading to my place." He instructed his chauffeur who nodded his head and started the engine.

Blayze pressed a button, and a partition appeared between the front and back seats. Then he cradled me closer to his body.

"How'd you know?" I whispered.

"About the fire? It was in the news. Thank God Harrison informed me in time. I was in a meeting. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have known." He explained.

"Remind me to personally thank him." I said, my voice still feeble.

"You don't worry about that." He stroked my cheek.

"Blayze..."

"Yes, sunshine?"

"Ezra was there." I murmured, watching his eyes widen.

"What?" He exclaimed.

"He dragged me to that room and set it on fire." I told him.

A frown formed on his face, his grip on my body tightening. "He said some really strange things that just can't be true." I continued.

He watched me intently. "Said what?"

I licked my lips, taking a deep breath. "He sort of revealed the reason for his enmity with me."

"And?"

I took another deep breath. "He... he said that my parents killed his father... that can't be true. How can that be true, Blayze?"

He listened quietly, his frown staying in place.

"My parents can't do that." I repeated.

"Fuck." He breathed out.

"What?" I inquired, watching the change in his expressions.

"He's Caleb Greene's son..."

"So?"

"Caleb Greene was your father's biggest rival." He said. I couldn't be more confused.

"So what? Dad killed him because of that?"

He shook his head. "That I don't know, but—"

"Let me get one thing straight, Blayze. My parents are not killers. Don't even imply it." I said sternly.

"I don't believe it either. Will you please listen to me so we can put the puzzle pieces together?"

"Go on." I said.