66. "You can coax me into selling my soul to the devil."

(1916 words)

*Mihrimah's POV*

Blayze came to pick me up the next day, in the evening. Mom and dad were both working late, so other than our household staff, I was the only one home. Blayze came all the way to my bedroom because he didn't want me climbing down the stairs for fear of my stitches opening up. His concern was heartwarming.

"Blayze, it's fine." I tried assuring him as he watched every step I took while we walked out of my bedroom. He only shushed me, before practically snatching my handbag from my hands and slinging it over his shoulder. I found it hard to hold back my laughter at the sight.

"It's not funny." He grumbled sheepishly.

"It is," I laughed some more in his face. "Isn't this hurting your masculinity?"

He rolled his eyes.

"Okay, but seriously, it doesn't even weigh anything. I can hold it, Blayze." I said as we approached the stairs.

A startled gasp left my mouth as he suddenly lifted me up bridal style, before proceeding to carry me down the stairs. I blushed crimson red. "Blayze, someone will see us. Put me down."

"So what? Your parents know about us now." He reasoned. I hummed softly in agreement, nuzzling my face into his firm, warm chest, letting him carry me down the stairs and then finally into the passenger seat of his car.

After settling me in, he took his spot in the driver seat and started the engine, backing out of my street. "Is this princess treatment only valid until I completely heal?" I asked, smiling goofily.

He took my hand, gently kissing it while keeping his eyes on the road. "You'll always receive it, my love."

My heart fluttered a little differently this time. A different kind of emotion bubbled within me, making my heart swell with joy and at the same time, making me want to cry happy tears. That was the first time someone had called me that. That was the first time he had called me that.

We engaged in small conversation on the way to his place, and my hand received multiple kisses. It also stayed enveloped in Blayze's hand the entire time. When we arrived, Blayze undid my seat belt for me and walked around the car to open the door for me and help me out.

He held my hand, helping me up the few steps at the front of his house, and when we entered, I was back in his arms as he carried me upstairs. "You have to do this after my wound heals too." I demanded.

"I'd be honoured," He kissed my cheek, putting me down in front of his bedroom door. "Hey, you go make yourself comfortable. I forgot my phone in the car. I'll be right back."

"Okay." I replied, watching him turn back towards the stairs.

Pushing the door open, I stepped in, but I couldn't walk in any further. My heart stood still in my chest, my jaw dropping in awe at the sight that awaited me. I stood frozen in surprise, but forced myself to take a few more steps.

Rose petals. Everywhere. On the wooden floor. On his desk. His bed. His nightstand. Not only that, but also different flower bouquets adorned the entire room. All my favourite flowers. But what caught my attention the most, making me tear up and feel yet another new emotion was the rose petals in the centre that formed a sentence. One that I wasn't sure I would get to see or hear.

Be my girlfriend, sunshine?

A tear dropped out of my eye. I couldn't stop it. I was afraid that it was all a dream and I would wake up. Was that really happening? Was Blayze finally making us official? Giving our relationship a name?