60. "Go on. Kill me. Now's the perfect chance."

(1299 words)

*Mihrimah's POV*

My eyelids fluttered open slowly, trying to adjust to the dim light. I had absolutely no idea where I was. My head hurt, and when I tried moving, I realised my hands and feet were tied to a chair. I couldn't remember a thing. What had happened? Where was I? Was that a nightmare?

I tried to find my voice to call out for someone, but couldn't. Where was Blayze? Wasn't I with him?

Blayze...

"I can have you wrapped around my finger and leave you in the blink of an eye."
"It was all a game. To get you in my bed. To break your pride."

His words replayed in my mind, the image of his cold and uncaring eyes flashing before my eyes again and again. My lips parted in shock. I could not believe that actually happened. It had to be false. It had to be a bad dream.

The heartache returned, and my willpower died down. I didn't care if I was tied up. I didn't care about what would happen to me. I did not have the energy to fight, to struggle.

"I see you're up." A male voice echoed through the dimly lit room. I could make out a silhouette that came closer and closer until I could see the face.

It was Ezra. The first time ever without a mask. I could see another silhouette standing by the doorway, but I had absolutely no idea who that was.

I met Ezra's gaze. "Go on. Kill me. Now's the perfect chance."

He smirked. "I have worse plans for you. You're going to wish you had died in the water that last time."

I felt emotionless. As if I was already dead. "I don't care what happens with me anymore."

"Is that so? Tired already?" He mocked.

"Finish this. Get done with your revenge." I challenged.

He smirked again. "That's exactly what I'm doing. I'll be hosting you here for a few days. Keep in mind these are still your good days. You aren't prepared for what I have planned out for you afterwards."

I didn't have any energy to engage in conversation with him. Like I said, I truly didn't care what happened to me. He eyed me for a minute, before gesturing something to the silhouette in the doorway. Then he left, while the person in the doorway walked closer to me. He held a tray of food in his hands.

"Who are you?" I asked him.

"You're not supposed to know that." He replied.

He spooned some rice and brought it to my mouth. "I'm not going to eat." I glared at him.

His face was covered with a mask. I couldn't help but think how familiar he looked. "You have to eat." He said calmly.

My eyes widened as my brain finally registered his voice. "Carter?!"

He lowered his head, then lifted it back up, removing his mask. "Wow, Mihr. You recognised me."

I was bewildered. "You're teaming up with Ezra?"

He shrugged. "He reached out to me with some tempting offers that I couldn't refuse. Like funding for my business."

I scoffed in disbelief. "You got involved with a person as despicable as him just for some funding?"

"Plus some other benefits." He smiled shamelessly.

"You're sick." I uttered, disdain coating my voice.

He chuckled. "Mihrimah, if you had agreed to be mine again when I asked you, none of this would be happening. I would have protected you better than Blayze Colton." He said Blayze's name with disgust.